2010 Volkswagen GTI Consumer Review: Smoothes out the curves

2010 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback - Consumer Review

Smoothes out the curves
By rjb on

2010 Volkswagen GTI 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

Fully loaded - leather/ sunroof, auto/manual, bi-xenon, dynaudio, nav, 18" Detroit wheels (rough riding on all but smooth roads). Sport seats narrow, unless you're very thin. I've only had the car a week, so I can't say anything about reliability - fingers crossed. Dealer had to figure out how to take off the rear seat headrests for a much more unimpeded view - a little complicated. (Believe it or not, I traded in an '09 Acura TL w/tech. Lovely luxury but too big for me, and I wanted a more fun experience.) GTI's a blast, especially in the curves. It delivers the fun! Big smile. Worth the TL trade. Fairly well appointed interior, considering not a luxury car - looks very good.

Favorite Features

Compace size hatch. Handling, steering - German all the way. Nav (3- D, speed limits for streets,etc. easy to maneuver) and dynaudio stereo. Stereo very good but not "awesome" as some of you have said. (Everything's relative. The TL's upgraded tech stereo was awesome.) Nice leather look. Pleased.

Suggested Improvements

De-contented comapared with Euro options. Want backup cam!, auto climate and related features. Dealer said many people have said the same thing. VW apparently thinks "only" young males are GTI demographic who don't care about these extra luxury features. VW's wrong.