Major upgrade from MK5
By Eddie on
2010 Volkswagen GTI PZEV 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)
Let me start by saying that I was a previous 2006 MK5 GTI owner who felt that it was time to get into a new one. My MK5 was surprisingly reliable to the 50k miles that I traded it in at. No major mechanical issues at all. So I felt confident in purchasing a 2010 MK6 GTI. This car is fantastic all around. My previous GTI was pretty basic (manual tranny, cloth interior, etc..), so this time around I opted for the awesome DSG tranny and the "autobahn package" which added heated leather seats, awesome 18" wheels, and a superb 300w dynaudio stereo system w/ iPod interface. These options jacked the price to 30k, but it is well worth it IMO. This VW is hands down a better car than the Audi A3.
Favorite Features
DSG, Dynaudio Stereo, Leather Seats, Bluetooth, The Xenon headlights are AMAZING. They actually turn with you when cornering. Very nice feature.
Suggested Improvements
If you guys want more power, wait until APR comes out with the stage 1 ECU upgrade for the MK6 GTI. I had it in my MK5 and it boosts your numbers to 260+ horsepower and almost 300lb/ft of tourque.