2010 Volkswagen GTI Consumer Review: Major Improvement From MK IV

2010 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback - Consumer Review

Major Improvement From MK IV
By Jorge F. on

2010 Volkswagen GTI 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

When I saw the new 2010 GTI online, I fell in love. For the first time, the outside of the GTI is as beautiful as the interior and driving experience. I traded in my 2005 GTI and was amazed at the changes. The manual transmission is smoother, the car feels "tighter," and the electronic upgrades like the I-pod charger and touch-screen radio blew me away. I also can feel the extra 20 HP on this model, and the acceleration and pull is as fun as ever.

Outside design, new front grill, 200 HP, 0-60 time (6.8 sec), I-Pod charger, touch-screen radio, plad interior, red baseball stitching, various digital statistics on dash

Seems to have more blind spots than my MK IV. A little more pricey than my old GTI, but I'm getting a lot more car for my money. More economical than comparable cars.
By jorgefa
on 08/15/15 17:59 PM (PDT)

As of August 2015, I still own this car. I definitely took advantage of Volkswagen's 3 year/36,000 mile warranty, as I had to replace three valves in my engine. I also had to replace a leak in my fuel line. Right now, I'm at 65,000 miles, and the car hasn't had any issues for about a year now (knock on wood). It still has plenty of pick-up, it still looks good, and it's still a well designed daily driver. I have enjoyed my GTI immensely, but at 38 years old, I may opt for something more reliable in my next car.