2010 Volkswagen GTI Consumer Review: Love this car

2010 Volkswagen GTI - Consumer Review

Love this car
By HenryH on

2010 Volkswagen GTI 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I've had my 2010 GTI for just under 2 months, and it has been a pleasure to own. My last car was a first generation Mazda6, and as a single guy in my 20s, I wanted something smaller, better on gas, and sportier. This car is a much better fit for me. Looked at the Mazdaspeed3, WRX, and Evo, but this car, while not quite as fast, is better rounded and much more classy. The plaid cloth seats are one of my favorite things about the car. Paying more for leather is pointless. I've been averaging 25 MPG in mixed driving and can easily get 31+ under highway conditions. My first mod was installing the European-spec cup holder, which has an awesome VW-engraved bottle opener and a sliding cover.

Excellent interior quality, generous amount of standard features (even on my base model), tight handling, paint quality, touch screen stereo, media integration, gas mileage, turbo

Cup holders lack bottle opener and cover of European models, weatherstripping should be better, iPod interface lags, window up/down from key fob is disabled for North America (can be enabled with VAGCOM)