Its a great car for a great price.
By gtiGuy on
2010 Volkswagen GTI 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)
I love this car. VW wants drivers, they're not joking, its definitely fun to drive, but its also nice to just ride in. Quiet, responsive, practical, there is little wrong with this car. I find myself gunning it out of corners almost non-stop, the engine note is addictive, the acceleration is smooth and predictable, handling is precise and well-mannered. A tad too well mannered actually, and there is a smidge of torque steer under heavy acceleration, but its to be expected with a FWD vehicle. My one problem, potholes, if you hit a pothole in this thing it sounds like the axle broke off, my old Mazda rolled through potholes, I dodge them in the GTI.
Favorite Features
Engine, ride quality, low noise, DSG transmission, hatchback practicality. Taking the scenic route EVERYWHERE, did I mention I love stop lights, stop signs, any reason at all to give it some gas???
Suggested Improvements
It's strange, vehicle just feels delicate over bumps, big bumps induce some rattling from the back particularly. It's generally a tight, quiet ride, but if VW took it further they'd have a heavyweight contender in the lightweight division.