2010 Volkswagen GTI Consumer Review: Fun to Drive, and Great Daily

2010 Volkswagen GTI - Consumer Review

Fun to Drive, and Great Daily Driver
By MAW on

2010 Volkswagen GTI 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Probably not a traditional GTI buyer as I am in my fifties and am accustomed to driving Acura's and Infiniti's. But was really looking for a vehicle this time around that is a blast to drive, while at the same time civilized enough to provide comfort for long trips. The GTI fits the bill precisely. The car never fails to put a smile on my face and it is a hoot to downshift and throw the vehicle into a tight curve. Then hit the gas and rip out of the curve. That just never gets old! With that said, the car has a very comfortable ride and does not wear you out on a long trip. Very pleased with this vehicle.

Accurate steering and great road feel, wonderful engine with lots of torgue, comfortable seats, slick shifter, quiet ride, superb build quality and refinement, good Nav system. Simply the best vehicle in its class.

The base radio is, well, a base radio. The sound is not sharp and leaves much to be desired. I plan to upgrade the speakers, other buyers may wish to get the Dynaudio option if it is available on the vehicle you desire.