2010 Volkswagen GTI Consumer Review: Best car for the money

2010 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback - Consumer Review

Best car for the money
By HDUB on

2010 Volkswagen GTI PZEV 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

Iíve been a BMW guy my entire life but as I get older, Iíve started placing much more emphasis on value. I spend a lot of time in my car and therefore wanted a car that is fun to drive, comfortable, stylish but utilitarian. After extensive research and studying my key numbers (0 to 60, mpg, and $ ), the GTI was by far the best in class. Iíve had this car for two months now and find it very comfortable and quiet. The quality of workmanship is also beyond my expectation for a car in this price range. Though I wasnít really after exclusivity, this is not a car that you see very often. In my daily driving here is the high volume la traffic, Iíve only seen two 2010 gtis thus far.

Favorite Features

The DSG and gas mileage. So far, I average 28/29 MPG in combined driving. I also like the fact that you don't see this car every day.

Suggested Improvements

Can't really assess reliability since it's so new. Could use built in garage door opener. VW should also put license plate mounting holes in the bumper. You have to use sheet metal screws directly into the body of the car/bumper.