Best car for the money
By H-DUB on
2010 Volkswagen GTI PZEV 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)
As I get older, I place a lot more emphasis on value. In terms of what I value, I wanted economy, acceleration, utility, and styling. In my opinion, there is not another car that can beat the GTI. When I did my research, the two most important criteria were gas mileage and acceleration. So I came up with my own measure, which was average gas mileage divided by the 0 to 60 time. The GTI was far away the best performer in that measure. I've owned BMWs exclusively up until this purchase. I've got to say that I enjoy driving this car more than any of my previous 7 BMWs. I've had this car for a month now and still can't get over the great VALUE.
Favorite Features
First of all, thanks to all the previous posters who convinced me to buy this car. I especially relate to the guy who owned the fancy Mercedes but never really felt it was "right for him". Acceleration, interior quality, looks, and the sound.
Suggested Improvements
Maybe this is petty but the license plate mounts are non existent. You have sheet metal screws that screw into the base body material that is easily stripped.