Back to Fun Driving
By 2-GTI Guy on
2010 Volkswagen GTI 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)
Traded in my Audi A3 3.2 Quattro after three years. This GTI is more fun to drive, and is a better mix of great handling and comfortable ride. The exterior styling is good (better than '09), but the interior is what makes the car great. Solid, hi-luxe feel. I got the Dynaudio system (get it..it rocks), the leather (was nice in my MK IV, and nice here), Nav (didn't need it, but it beats the Audi's nav), and the Black Karthoum Wheels (dealership had to order). This car is fast, fun, and feels like I spent a ton more than I did, even with all the options I added. Nice work, VW! Oh, and my mileage is WAY better than with the Audi.
Favorite Features
2.0 turbo, Dynaudio Sound (ROCKS!), iPod interface and touch screen radio work GREAT together, white light info display, dial-controlled sun roof, thick leather-wrapped steering wheel with audio controls, metal sport pedals
Suggested Improvements
The Bluetooth should be full-featured (i.e., voice dial). I shouldn't have to pick up my phone to make a call; it's unsafe and illegal in my area. I wish there was an "auto" setting for the headlights, not just on or off (because I always leave them on). The glovebox is pretty cramped.