2010 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific GTI model:
Improving on the best.
By dsgfan on 12/31/09 02:50 AM (PST)

2010 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

Coming from the owner of a MkV GTI, this car has improved in almost every aspect. Ride feels better and handling much improved. The biggest improvement was in the interior. The 2010 model comes with one unmatched by anything this side of 30k. Far better than that of the Mazdaspeed3 or Civic Si, not in the same league as the WRX and American hot hatches.

1st time vw owner
By red devil vw on 12/28/09 19:56 PM (PST)

2010 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I admit i didn't know much about the GTI,after one test drive i was very impressed.The car gets respect in the road compare to the other compact cars. I really don't have much to tell since the others reviews hit it on the nose. All i know i feel invincible in the road and the respect of other vehicle.

Best Gti Ever
By jdscha on 12/21/09 17:19 PM (PST)

2010 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I have had this car for a few weeks. I have put 500 miles on it so far. I have been looking for any type of manufacturing defects but have not found one yet.

Major Improvement From MK IV
By Jorge F. on 12/19/09 17:41 PM (PST)

2010 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

When I saw the new 2010 GTI online, I fell in love. For the first time, the outside of the GTI is as beautiful as the interior and driving experience. I traded in my 2005 GTI and was amazed at the changes. The manual transmission is smoother, the car feels "tighter," and the electronic upgrades like the I-pod charger and touch-screen radio blew me away. I also can feel the extra 20 HP on this model, and the acceleration and pull is as fun as ever.

Back to Driving Fun
By jgs5607 on 12/16/09 15:20 PM (PST)

2010 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback PZEV 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I have had my car for 3 weeks now and am very happy with it. I did not opt for the DSG (as nice as it is); to me the manual is more involving and fun to drive. The interior is outstanding in quality and overall layout; better than any previous car I have had. I have been breaking it in gently and my average mileage on 2 tanks has been 28 MPG (70% Hwy, 30% City) so if gas goes nuts again, and I drive sanely, it will not hurt too much at the pump. I expect when I put my foot in the turbo hard, that it will drop to low 20's, which is as good as my old car. Handling is great and the car is a blast to drive. Highly recommended. This is my first VW product by the way.

1st GTI___I'm SOLD
By Atlanta Nerd on 12/14/09 09:51 AM (PST)

2010 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

Bought on Halloween. Surprisingly fun to drive. Corners VERY well, great acceleration, drives great and TURNS HEADS. A few minor dislikes. Bluetooth has NO functionality at all. You can answer call, that's it. Have to physically touch phone to make a call (not a huge deal). Has no internal hatch release (other than emergency release in back near hatch door.) 2 Dr is very difficult to get to rear seat despite fancy new way to move front seat forward. No way to view a to-date cumulative MPG consumption as it resets itself when you turn the car off. Love the turn signals on the inside of the mirrors as well as out.

Amazing Car for the Money
By national2010 on 12/12/09 09:46 AM (PST)

2010 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback PZEV 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I traded in my 07 TSX for the 2010 GTI and have loved every minute with my new car. The styling is improved, the interior is beautiful, the car is quick and responsive. I have not had the car for long and this is my first GTI so I can't really comment on reliability, but it is so fun to drive. I was shopping between the GTI, a genesis coupe (3.8L), and a Mazada speed 3. The GTI was hands down the best overall car, especially for the price. The audio upgrade and the HID lights are a must. If you are in the market for this style of car, it is at least worth a test drive.

Sporty, Classy, Fun, Value!
By jlgolden on 12/09/09 10:03 AM (PST)

2010 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

In 17 days of ownership, I have put 1300 miles on my new GTI. The powertrain zip, chassis composure, and evidence of excellent engineering are a true pleasure. The fine auditory and tactile sensations serve to complete the package. Excellent visibility, great seats, well-crafted interior, superb ergonomics, and it's priced right. This car gets attention, especially from those who "get it". It's like a bargain-priced BMW or Audi all the way. People will not likely cross-shop a GTI against a brutish and bold (but lovely!)Camaro. Totally different animals. And I "get it".

What a Blast!
By Don on 12/03/09 08:36 AM (PST)

2010 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

VW has hit this one out of the park! Great looks inside and out in typical efficient German style. No wannabe racer boy look to the GTI although the 18" Detroit alloy wheels do scream "look at me". The six speed manual transmission is crisp and responsive. Handling is first-rate as well.

The Best GTI in Years
By Ian on 12/01/09 08:07 AM (PST)

2010 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This is my third GTI(still own my MKI, sold my MKIV), this car is exactly what the GTI should be. The MKVI GTI is fun to drive anywhere, easy to use as a daily commuter, a blast to use in the mountains, excellent compromise between performance and gas mileage. Interior amenities are excellent, touchscreen stereo is awesome, stick shift is smooth and feels comfortable in your hand. Lateral support is top notch in a car that urges you to rip it through corners, and once you do, the XDS makes you feel like a pro coming out of them. Not sure why so many people fear VW reliability, I’ve driven them for years and never had any major issues, must be lucky.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback in VA is:

$141 per month*