Used 2010 Volkswagen GTI Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Volkswagen GTI - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific GTI model:

Love my car
By dasboo

2010 Volkswagen GTI 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I bought this car new in April of 2010, and currently have 36,500+ miles on it. One thing I love about this car is how practical it is. I can put the seats down and put my two black labs in the back. Yesterday I used it to transport shrubs for a landscape project. It is a blast to drive- I will take handling and driver feedback any day over power, and this car handles like a dream. A friend of mine has a 2008 STi, and while very fast and powerful, I do not find it rewarding and enjoyable to drive. The GTI is an all around incredible car- practical, fun to drive, and a joy to live with day to day. Also, MPG's are great. Currently have 420 miles on this tank.

Handling, interior design, practicality, fuel efficiency.

iPod interface is terrible. Touch screen radio is unnecessary. Bluetooth can be touchy at times.

Love this car
By HenryH

2010 Volkswagen GTI 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I've had my 2010 GTI for just under 2 months, and it has been a pleasure to own. My last car was a first generation Mazda6, and as a single guy in my 20s, I wanted something smaller, better on gas, and sportier. This car is a much better fit for me. Looked at the Mazdaspeed3, WRX, and Evo, but this car, while not quite as fast, is better rounded and much more classy. The plaid cloth seats are one of my favorite things about the car. Paying more for leather is pointless. I've been averaging 25 MPG in mixed driving and can easily get 31+ under highway conditions. My first mod was installing the European-spec cup holder, which has an awesome VW-engraved bottle opener and a sliding cover.

Excellent interior quality, generous amount of standard features (even on my base model), tight handling, paint quality, touch screen stereo, media integration, gas mileage, turbo

Cup holders lack bottle opener and cover of European models, weatherstripping should be better, iPod interface lags, window up/down from key fob is disabled for North America (can be enabled with VAGCOM)

What do you expect it's a GTI dummy
By Paul

2010 Volkswagen GTI 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This is my 3rd GTI. What can I say if it's not broke don't finx it. 1st GTI was a 1991, 2nd a 01. The fit and finish of the 2010 are by far simply amazing. For 24 and change you will not get anything close. Everything from ext styling to interior feel puts the car in a class above itself. VW has taken the car to another level and with the mk VI being my third GTI I can honestly say this is the best in class. I typically use this car for work and I smile every time I get in it. I wish I could be on the consumer testing panel during design. I would give VW some ideas that would make everyone want one.

Bi-xenon lights WOW! 18 inch wheels, interior overall (the steering wheel is amazing). The lines of the car give it a wider lower stance and really bring back the style to the GTI. Carbon Steel is definitely the hottest color also. Credit to whoever came up with the it. Give that man/woman a raise

200 HP is nothing to cry about, but to make the GTI REALLY stand out give it 250. Climate control would be great also. A start/stop button with flip key that is more advanced incorpate keyless entry. Homelink standard is a must. Dynaudio on every GTI! Option for sport seats without leather.

Best Decision EVER!
By jroc13

2010 Volkswagen GTI 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I've owned two Audi's in the past five years...then I saw the '10 GTI and couldn't resist. Wow, what a great decision. I smile each time I drive the car. It's so fun, so fast and so sexy! People honk as I pass, ask about it when I'm filling up at the gas station and beg to drive it. The exhaust note turns heads and the 18" wheels are dynamite. I jam the DynaAudio system to the max and wow can it deliver! I push this car to the limit daily and it consistently delivers. I plead with anyone reading this to go test drive one immediately.

18" Wheels, Xenon headlights that turn with my steering wheel. great for tight turns at night!, steering wheel is worthy of $100,000 sports cars, exhaust note, plaid cloth interior

iPod interface is delayed, very annoying. Bluetooth is dated, I wish I didn't have to even touch my phone. Hands free is so much safer and convenient.

Vehicle rear ended
By SOLID BUILD

2010 Volkswagen GTI 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This VW gti 2010 is extremely fast, it really wants to say let me go! I am a safe driver with no accidents in thirty years. I was rear ended with no major damage, this car is amazing? The truck that hit me was damaged much more. If you were looking for the BMW 1 series handling and interior for half the price you found it. The smooth shifting with a manual is extremely easy, the interior is glove like with cloth? And every detail has been refined with the arm rest too comfortable, better locking motions than all previous models since I had previous generations. The standards in the base gti come with it all like touch radio, excellent radio connections for iphone and more.

Everything standard including the 6 speed, radio touch, bluetooth-really a dream come true, except must dial out initially, refined, adult looking with a hint off watch out, seats, arm rests are amazing, standards heated cloth seating-hot! Best interior hands down by twice, don't get the leather.

Bluetooth should incorporate the dial out feature on the radio and no interior trunk release in passenger compartment. Get one today if you can, seven sold in one hour when I got mine.