2010 Volkswagen GTI - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific GTI model:
Love my car
By dasboo on 05/12/12 08:39 AM (PDT)

2010 Volkswagen GTI 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I bought this car new in April of 2010, and currently have 36,500+ miles on it. One thing I love about this car is how practical it is. I can put the seats down and put my two black labs in the back. Yesterday I used it to transport shrubs for a landscape project. It is a blast to drive- I will take handling and driver feedback any day over power, and this car handles like a dream. A friend of mine has a 2008 STi, and while very fast and powerful, I do not find it rewarding and enjoyable to drive. The GTI is an all around incredible car- practical, fun to drive, and a joy to live with day to day. Also, MPG's are great. Currently have 420 miles on this tank.

Love this car
By HenryH on 09/16/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Volkswagen GTI 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I've had my 2010 GTI for just under 2 months, and it has been a pleasure to own. My last car was a first generation Mazda6, and as a single guy in my 20s, I wanted something smaller, better on gas, and sportier. This car is a much better fit for me. Looked at the Mazdaspeed3, WRX, and Evo, but this car, while not quite as fast, is better rounded and much more classy. The plaid cloth seats are one of my favorite things about the car. Paying more for leather is pointless. I've been averaging 25 MPG in mixed driving and can easily get 31+ under highway conditions. My first mod was installing the European-spec cup holder, which has an awesome VW-engraved bottle opener and a sliding cover.

What do you expect it's a GTI dummy
By Paul on 06/23/10 12:49 PM (PDT)

2010 Volkswagen GTI 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This is my 3rd GTI. What can I say if it's not broke don't finx it. 1st GTI was a 1991, 2nd a 01. The fit and finish of the 2010 are by far simply amazing. For 24 and change you will not get anything close. Everything from ext styling to interior feel puts the car in a class above itself. VW has taken the car to another level and with the mk VI being my third GTI I can honestly say this is the best in class. I typically use this car for work and I smile every time I get in it. I wish I could be on the consumer testing panel during design. I would give VW some ideas that would make everyone want one.

Best Decision EVER!
By jroc13 on 06/02/10 20:29 PM (PDT)

2010 Volkswagen GTI 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I've owned two Audi's in the past five years...then I saw the '10 GTI and couldn't resist. Wow, what a great decision. I smile each time I drive the car. It's so fun, so fast and so sexy! People honk as I pass, ask about it when I'm filling up at the gas station and beg to drive it. The exhaust note turns heads and the 18" wheels are dynamite. I jam the DynaAudio system to the max and wow can it deliver! I push this car to the limit daily and it consistently delivers. I plead with anyone reading this to go test drive one immediately.

Vehicle rear ended
By SOLID BUILD on 05/08/10 00:43 AM (PDT)

2010 Volkswagen GTI 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This VW gti 2010 is extremely fast, it really wants to say let me go! I am a safe driver with no accidents in thirty years. I was rear ended with no major damage, this car is amazing? The truck that hit me was damaged much more. If you were looking for the BMW 1 series handling and interior for half the price you found it. The smooth shifting with a manual is extremely easy, the interior is glove like with cloth? And every detail has been refined with the arm rest too comfortable, better locking motions than all previous models since I had previous generations. The standards in the base gti come with it all like touch radio, excellent radio connections for iphone and more.

One week in GTI and all is well!
By krisko on 03/22/10 15:11 PM (PDT)

2010 Volkswagen GTI 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I traded in my 2002 M3 when it hit 100K miles as I new maintenance would start to get expensive. I have NO regrets 'downgrading' to the GTI. I gave up a good bit of power but the GTI is more nimble and fun to drive. The interior features are perfect to me, elegant and highly functional without tech gizmos that are usually not worth the time it takes to learn about them. We love the cloth interlagos (plaid) seats, funky and very comfortable. The exterior styling is a big upgrade from the 2009 model. The car looks more conservative than last year's car, while looking more muscular. And the car is a bit lighter which is always welcomed. This car is a great bargain!

GTI rocks !!!
By Mario on 03/20/10 19:46 PM (PDT)

2010 Volkswagen GTI 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

If you're looking for pocket rocket, fun, and fuel efficient vehicle look no further. Great quality in and out, could easily get away with an Audi badge. Great powerplant and car manners of a sports car. It simply puts a smile on my face whenever I'm behind the wheel!

If you drive you will buy it
By stluis51 on 03/18/10 16:12 PM (PDT)

2010 Volkswagen GTI 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I've had my Candy White GTI now for 2 weeks. I'm very happy with the purchase. Researched for 6 months and cross shopped civic si, speed3, wrx and after all was said and driven the gti won by far. This car is sporty, quiet, super fun, and spacious. The comfort while driving is almost luxury car like but still very capable. Fuel economy is also very good for a car this fun. Nice shifter. Only option worth getting are the xenons and rubber mats. The rest is overpriced and you really dont need it. Also a consumer reports top pick, automobile mag car of the year. Be sure to haggle got my for $22000 with xenons and free mats also got the 1.9% financing which is awesome. No buyers remorse at all.

APR Stage II GTI Makes all the differenc
By wydopn on 03/14/10 20:19 PM (PDT)

2010 Volkswagen GTI 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I have always been an Honda person. This is my first VW - and I loved it from first drive. The feel is very different from the SI and Speed3s that I've owned. I just had the car flashed with APR's stage II and this car is now unreal! I'm getting 26MPG around town and over 30 on the freeway plus I can blow past most muscle cars as long as I get a rolling start (otherwise I can't stay connected due to excessive torque).

Price to Value off the charts
By Jason on 02/19/10 11:08 AM (PST)

2010 Volkswagen GTI 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I purchased the 2010 GTI after selling an Audi 2.7T that was fun to drive but a financial nightmare to repair. I've got 1200 miles on my base level GTI, and have got to say that it's the best vehicle I've owned. The base package includes everything but premium wheels, nav/stereo and sunroof and I must say that for 23k its a steal. The car handles incredibly, cruises well on the freeway (29-32 mpg at 75 mph) and is nice a beauty to look at. Only flaw is that the touchscreen menu for the stereo is hard to navigate through (to switch cds or ipod tracks) while driving.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Volkswagen GTI in VA is:

$141 per month*