Used 2010 Volkswagen GTI Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Volkswagen Gti - Consumer Reviews

2010 Volkswagen GTI

View reviews for a specific GTI model:

Still overpriced, but a blast to drive
By tepsicity

2010 Volkswagen GTI PZEV 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I still think the GTI is overpriced for its class, considering you can't get some options available on other comparable cars (have fun trying to hook up an iPod to the system and have it work through the wheel controls and enough already with the plaid cloth seats), but DAMN is it fun to drive. Way more fun than the Mazdaspeed 3 at least among the 2010 models, and any WRX in that realm would have been even more overpriced and driven to death. Fair warning that I had to spend a good $3k to replace the fans in the front in a hot climate at around 67k miles. Pissed me off to put that much money into what was at that point about a $10k car, but like I said...DAMN is it fun to drive.

Favorite Features

Seamless turbo, tons of fun, astonishing amount of room in the back, beware the wear and the stupid frat boy argyle interior, but a joy to drive.

Suggested Improvements

How about when I unlock the doors the trunk also unlocks without me having to find another button? And GOD with the plaid cloth seats. Why is this still a thing?

What a car!
By cobraboy1

2010 Volkswagen GTI PZEV 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Wow, this car is totally amazing! I spent 3months test driving all different cars in the class, bordering the class, and in classes above and beneath just to narrow down everything. In the end I decided on the Certified Pre-Owned 2010 VW GTI, which I bought for 19.5k with just 16k miles on the clock. The top three for me were, in the end, the GTI, Mazdaspeed 3, and the WRX Hatch. Third place was the WRX because while I loved the AWD and the power. I really didn't like the price, nobody orders the base models. the Speed3 was close but didn't have the refinement of the GTI.

Favorite Features

Love the shifter, its just schick, schick, schick smooth. The power is instantaneous with darn near zero turbo lag, and with just an additional 600.00 you can get a stage 1 mod and it doesn't void the warranty giving you another 55hp! The seats are absolutely incredible and the plaid pattern is really beautiful to look at. I really really love the bi-zenon headlights that turn with you when you turn the steering wheel to go around bends, THAT was a brand new feature for me.

Suggested Improvements

If I had to think of one; I hate it that to switch cds in the six disc changer you have to go through 3 different menus to get to the one to switch cds, there is no simple way to use the touch screen radio to switch cds.

Love my car
By dasboo

2010 Volkswagen GTI 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I bought this car new in April of 2010, and currently have 36,500+ miles on it. One thing I love about this car is how practical it is. I can put the seats down and put my two black labs in the back. Yesterday I used it to transport shrubs for a landscape project. It is a blast to drive- I will take handling and driver feedback any day over power, and this car handles like a dream. A friend of mine has a 2008 STi, and while very fast and powerful, I do not find it rewarding and enjoyable to drive. The GTI is an all around incredible car- practical, fun to drive, and a joy to live with day to day. Also, MPG's are great. Currently have 420 miles on this tank.

Favorite Features

Handling, interior design, practicality, fuel efficiency.

Suggested Improvements

iPod interface is terrible. Touch screen radio is unnecessary. Bluetooth can be touchy at times.

All I can say
By jmroberts1

2010 Volkswagen GTI 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

After owning this car for two years with absolutely no problems I am happy! I am a very satisfied with my 2010 GTI 2 door. Pretty much a base model with the dsg transmission. 35000 miles later and I am now a VW convert, I bought this as an emotional buy knowing VW's hit or miss reliability. The fit and finish is second to none and I have still not heard any unexplained rattles. Mileage has been outstanding, 32.1 overall with about 85 % being highway miles. I can get about 37 to 39 MPG's highway when I do 60 consistently and high 20's around town. Fun to drive factor is great, power is always on tap with minimal turbo lag. It handles well for fwd. Highly recommend!!!!!

Favorite Features

Engine power delivery. Mileage Build quality, I am amazed! Looks Handling

Suggested Improvements

Wind noise is noticeable at highway speeds. DSG and 40000 mile service are way too expensive. I don't care how much I saved during the first thirty six thousand miles 800++++ is not in line with what is done.

Best VW to the date
By mike475

2010 Volkswagen GTI PZEV 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

Owners since Dec 2009 of 4dr DSG GTI + Autobahn Package (aka leather seats and moonroof). It is great car all around. Quality is top noch (I guess no surprise here). Even MKV Jetta it looks like the car was made by different company. I love about everything about the car, so does my wife.

Favorite Features

2.0 Turbo engine, DSG is no doubt the best auto gearbox out there, touch screen stereo, steering wheel, interior and exterior design, great leather sport seats.

Suggested Improvements

Sunroof controls are serios letdown from MKV, but I guess they had change something.