Nothing short of Amazing
By Vanbosch on
2009 Volkswagen GTI 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)
I traded in my 2008.5 Mazda 3 Hatchback for my 09 GTI. After driving my wife’s 09 Rabbit I was sold on VW's build quality and driving dynamics but wanted something sportier than my 3. I absolutely hate the boy racer look of the new 2010 Speed3. I got an amazing deal on my GTI and haven't stopped smiling since I parked it in my driveway. The new GTI is one of the best purchases I have ever made and have zero regrets trading in the Mazda. Volkswagen has earned a life long customer from my wife and me with their fun to drive, reliable and well built vehicles. The GTI satisfies in every way. From the precise handling to the punchy 2.0 Turbo engine and quality feel, I could not be more pleased.
Favorite Features
VW build quality. Everything about my GTI feels solid. I love the response of the 2.0T, sharp handling of the drive train and excellent driver feedback. The car let’s you know exactly what it is doing without being harsh. My Mazda always felt unsure when pushed. Not in the GTI! Simply an amazing car
Suggested Improvements
None. If you are considering a fun to drive, economical and reliable daily driver look no further than the Rabbit or GTI. Having owned a 2004 and 2008 Mazda 3 I can say I am a proud Volkswagen owner and have no thoughts of looking back.