2009 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific GTI model:
Good to be in a VW again!
By GTI Owner on 05/03/09 06:12 AM (PDT)

2009 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback PZEV 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

The GTI is a great all-around sporty car. Good power, no turbo lag, good handling, nice interior with lots of room, good fuel economy, and it feels & drives like a more expensive vehicle. It may not have the outright power of a WRX, but the refinement and fun are a great combination for me. It handles great, is quiet going down the road, and I'm getting mileage in the mid-20's around town. It inspires confidence on back roads, and never feels like you are asking it to do something it doesn't want to.

King of Hot Hatches
By Henry on 01/03/09 19:37 PM (PST)

2009 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback PZEV 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Very fun to drive. Handles amazingly well on windy roads. Braking is good enough. Great engine noise. No turbo lag whatsoever. Has all the power you would ever need in a front wheel drive car. Love the horseshoe wheels, though I got the 17" ones since I parallel park so much (already have some marring). I had a 08 Rabbit before and all the little improvements are completely worth it. I'm nervous about the resale value and long term reliability being a VW, although I like this car so much I can't see parting with it while it still runs. Plan to have it for a long time. Very easy to park in the city being a small 2 door hatch.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback in VA is:

$138 per month*