2008 Volkswagen GTI Consumer Review: What a HOOT!

2008 Volkswagen GTI - Consumer Review

Base 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo 6-speed Automated Manual w/Prod. End 05/08)

What a HOOT!
By Carvin on

2008 Volkswagen GTI 4dr Hatchback w/Prod. End 05/08 (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

Great car! On the fun to drive scale it is an 11. With 4 doors it is easy and comfy to carry 4 adults-the problem is they all want to drive. 17 in. Wheels still handle very well and the ride is far Superior to the 18's. I'll run 4 full on snows in the winter and know it will get me anywhere with safety ad fun. Instant power, no torgue steer, great fun with the dsg and quite good mileage make a great package. I have just over 1k miles in 3 weeks and have averaged over 26 mpg in mixed driving. I checked the speedo with our Garmin GPS and it is spot on. The sound system is great for me, although the sat radio seems to cut out a lot from trees, buildings, etc. The fit and finish are awesome.

FUN to drive! DSG. Overall quality is great. German feel! Mileage is outstanding for such performance. Computer. The stereo/wheel controls are super. The steering wheel is the best in ANY car under $100k. Seats are very comfy and the heaters work well. Great looks, HID headlights.

Give us more power from the factory- The 2.0 engine has versions in Europe which reliably make 250 hp. A trip to a local tuner for a GIAC reflash is in the near future. Wish it still had dual zone Climatonic HVAC. I have to get really picky to find anything to improve!