2008 Volkswagen GTI Consumer Review: This is the One

2008 Volkswagen GTI - Consumer Review

Base 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo 6-speed Automated Manual w/Prod. End 05/08)

This is the One
By My Name is Fast on

2008 Volkswagen GTI 2dr Hatchback w/Prod. End 05/08 (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I am one of those types of people who can not settle on a car. I have owned twelve other cars in my lifetime and this one tops them all by far. I traded in my Passat TDI for the GTI because diesel prices were out of control and I don't regret it a bit. This car is faster and handles better than my wife's Audi TT. I challenge anyone to find a car that handles better in the curves and can function as a daily driver as well. This may be the car or at least the brand/style of car that I finally stick with. I finally know what fast looks and feels like and this is it. There's only one word to describe this vehicle: Fahrvergnügen.

Form hugging seats. I am 6' 2" and weigh 215 lbs. The cabin is huge and the seat fits like a glove. Cornering is like glue. Style like no other. DSG sounds and feels impressive. Just the right mix of power and grace. LAUNCH CONTROL!!!

Homelink would be awesome. If this car can be flashed to get 250 hp and still get the same mileage and feel, I think the factory should do it.