2008 Volkswagen GTI Consumer Review: My faithful Steed

2008 Volkswagen GTI - Consumer Review

Base 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo 6-speed Automated Manual w/Prod. End 05/08)

My faithful Steed
By meistering on

2008 Volkswagen GTI 2dr Hatchback w/Prod. End 05/08 (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

You always see the cowboys with their horses riding off into whatever the next adventure may be. The horse, of course, is more than a horse...of course, of course. It is their faithful steed--a loyal companion. That is what my GTI is--my partner of the road. The car has gone with me from as close as the grocery store, to as far as the other side of the country. It has seen blizzard, rain, sunshine, drought, you name it. My car does everything I would ever ask, and not once has it broken my wallet or told me "no, that's too much." The next adventure is always around the corner, or just less than 6 seconds away.

The quality feel of the thing. Looks clean and simple. Turbo-4 is great fun when you want it to be, easy and smooth when you just want to relax. Ditto with the DSG tranny. Practicality.

Could use slightly more power. DSG can be clunky at times. The exterior lips and side-skirts are made of this black plastic, looks cheap. (I had them painted to match the car.)