Gotta Love the DSG!
By Curt on
2008 Volkswagen GTI 4dr Hatchback w/Prod. End 05/08 (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)
I like driving sporty cars with manual gearboxes. I never thought I would give up the thrill of shifting. But then, I test drove the GTI with the direct shift gearbox and I fell in love with it. The paddle shifters on the steering wheel give the same thrill as doing the clutch thing. But there are times when you just want to let the car take over. On the other hand, drop the shifter into sport mode, step on the pedal and hang on! What a rush! The fit and finish are superb, like all my VWs of the past. I also love the exterior styling. This car looks like it is always in motion. I never would have considered the GTI an option until they came out with the 4-door version.
Favorite Features
As mentioned the DSG. I also opted for the navigation system. This is my first time purchasing this option. I really like it. I think the Nav system will become one of those things you can't do without once you have one. Sirius Satellite radio is also very cool. I opted for 2 more years.
Suggested Improvements
I'm a somewhat bigger person and I would really appreciate a non-sport seat option. I just don't fit in them properly. I also would suggest putting in power seats and a homelink garage door opener. Other than that, this car rocks for it's price range.