Bye-Bye STi
By David Bond Jr. on
2008 Volkswagen GTI 4dr Hatchback w/Prod. End 05/08 (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)
Last year I had to go down to one car. I thought a Subaru STi Limited would satisfy my need for scalding performance, reliability, a warranty and 4 doors. After driving the STi daily for a full year, I realized that driving a race car to work every day was not as much fun as it sounded. The GTI is fantastic; quiet, refined, good ride, handles exceptionally well for a front driver. This car makes for a great enthusiasts's daily driver. The Autobahn package is worth every penny. The car swallowed a a surprising amount of stuff on a trip to the home improvement store [including a 7' long mailbox post via the pass through], with two kids in the back. A great vehicle.
Favorite Features
5 position seat heaters, very flexible and smooth engine, Zero turbo lag [peak torque begins at 1850 RPM], great interior, comfortable seats, nice clutch, hatchback versatility. Very good gas mileage. German car feel.
Suggested Improvements
Offer 4 motion [all wheel drive] with 4 cylinder FSI engine and 6 speed manual. Offer R32 in 4 door configuration.