2008 Volkswagen GTI Consumer Review: Best Car I've owned

2008 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback - Consumer Review

Best Car I've owned
By Dan on

2008 Volkswagen GTI 4dr Hatchback w/Prod. End 05/08 (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I give this car 2 thumbs up for being the most fun and comfortable car I've owned..I've owned 2 dozen or more. Even with reliability issues, it is still worth having if under warranty. I've owned it a month now...bought it used with 16k miles. It has FSI engine which i learned is the older version, but still very good, though. Great handling, comfortable ride even with 18" wheels. Gas mileage is awesome 26- 30mpg mixed mostly highway commuting. Premium gas is a must if you want good gas mileage. First tank from dealer got 26mpg with regular then after that I got close to 30mpg with premium. VW combines fun and practicality all in one package. Back seat is rather large, too.

Gas mileage, power, quietness, smooth ride for 18" wheels, stereo is not bad, built in Germany. What's with the non- functional phone button VW? Anyway, FUN FACTOR IS OUTRAGEOUS

any trip to the dealer for fixes seem to take days not hours. Trunk wouldn't open...4 days later got it back (new computer module); TPMS had issues...3 days later and another computer module now good to go. I Can look past all the issues while under warranty.