2008 Volkswagen GTI Consumer Review: Back in the fold...

2008 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback - Consumer Review

Back in the fold...
By 40valvesgone on

2008 Volkswagen GTI PZEV 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

This is hard for me to do because I traded in my 2004 AUDI S4. So imagine the performance & refinement that I'm giving up. Having said that, if it was too much of a gap I wouldn't have gotten the GTI. The GTI is nothing short of incredible. I had a GTI in 1995, when it was equipped with the VR6. I missed that car when I traded it in & am glad to be back in the GTI fold. I have owned other VWs and have always liked them. This GTI is a cut above the rest, what a great car. Not only is it quick and fun to drive, but it's well behaved too. You can cruise, you can relax, and then simply by pressing down the accelerator - the attitude changes to evil.

The "flat" bottom steering wheel! How cool is that?! Now that's a feature that every sports car should have. The DSG is so versatile, I love it. I leave it in "S" mode the most, it's very intuitive. The steering wheel controls, including the paddles, are very easy to get to and use.

Power seats, a must, c'mon VW get with it. Blue Tooth, again a must, c'mon VW get with it, the button is already there. Rain sensing windshield wipers and that's about it.