Abaun Dream
By mattman on
2008 Volkswagen GTI PZEV 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)
I looked at SUVs first but with gas costing so much I decided a 4 dr hatchback would be better; they offer a lot of utility/space. I did a lot of research before buying and 95% of the online sources recommended the GTI. The overall GTI package can't be beat! Handling is secure, safety top-notch and with the standard features you'd think the GTI would run $30K. Also, the 2.0L turbo 4 cyl, and the DSG auto tranny is straight from the Audi A4, a $40K+ car. Its nice to see F1 engineering trickle from Audi down to the VW making this car stand way ahead of competitors like Honda and MINI. Put this car on the top of your list, its on C&D 10 best cars 2 years running for all the right reasons!
Favorite Features
DSG Transmission simply put its the future of auto transmissions...F1 technology in a $24k car! Seats are like a glove, very supportive/bolstered perfectly for performance driving without losing long trip comfort.
Suggested Improvements
Being picky, the rear anti-whiplash head rests in the rear seat are uncomfortable to my 9 yr old so she has to lift it quite high but they do come all the what out if you like. Again thats being picky.