A good idea
By ed on
2008 Volkswagen GTI 4dr Hatchback w/Prod. End 05/08 (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)
I had a '91 GTI 16 valve when I was in high school, it was a matter of time before I got another one. I traded in my '04 Passat 4-Motion for a new '08 GTI and am happy I did. I went for the 4 door, Autobahn package and 18" rims. I've had the car for almost 4 weeks and like it more every day. Styling, handling and acceleration are great, as is gas mileage and comfort. Car feels like a BMW inside and performs like a car twice its price. I was shocked how quick it is and the 6 speed manual makes it that that much more fun to drive.
Favorite Features
It's just a cool car, too many great attributes to list. There are tons of safety features and this car has a solid feel (when doors close, etc). It's a great ride for under 30k.
Suggested Improvements
Not available in VW's great 4-Motion. Also, I'm not sure why it has a trunk release button on the driver's door/keyfob as it does not open or "pop" the hatch. I got black, which is tough to keep clean - trouble is the rims have gotten a little nicked up in car washes, looks like I need to hand wash.