Worst car I ever owned
By Chris on
2007 Volkswagen GTI 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)
Worst car ever, bought it new and it was in the shop less than a month later for fuel system problems, then it was air bag lights 3 times over the course of about 2 years. Then came the complete system meltdown at 53k miles when the mass air flow sensor went out, the a/c completely died and a fault in the temp switch required complete replacement. $2100 fix for the last set of problems. Get an extended warranty with this car. Fidelity saved me $2100. The next day after getting the car out of the shop, I traded it in for an Acura. No more German cars, ever! The interior is a bit chintzy. If you push in on the door, the plastic handles flex in and pop, annoying. Hate that car!
Favorite Features
great go-cart handling, paddle shifting is nice. if you must get a VW, get the R32 and also the extended warranty! You will thank me!
Suggested Improvements
Well, let see, how about making a car that is not a lemon. I feel sorry for the next person who owns my silver 2007 GTI. You would think that VW could make a somewhat reliable automobile after all this time. Maybe they ought to consult with the Japanese. Oh, I am of German heritage myself.