2007 Volkswagen GTI Consumer Review: The Best Sports car for $25,00

2007 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback - Consumer Review

The Best Sports car for $25,000
By Jon from Tampa on

2007 Volkswagen GTI 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

From the moment I test drove one of these I had to have one. I drove a 2003 A4 before this and this car blows my Audi away! This car is near perfect from the factory, however, if I could recommend two things to current owners to make it PERFECT: Eibach Pro-kit springs and APR Stage I chip. Period. The springs lower the car about 1" and the chip adds about 45 HP and roughly 80-90 ft lbs. of torque (as if it doesn't have enough already:) which is just enough to bring the performance up to a level that allows this car to compete with 350Z's, G35's, Boxsters, 330Cis, and even IS300's.

The smooth turbo and power delivery are unmatched in the industry, The handling / cornering (the Eibach springs help a lot with body roll) and the aggressive stance that it has are great. I get more looks with this car than my in my Audi.

Make it easier to reach the seat belts and add painted ground effects from the factory (I don't know why Germans do the two-tone thing).