2007 Volkswagen GTI 2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo 6-speed Manual Consumer Review - Sweeeeet!

2007 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback - Consumer Review

2007 Volkswagen GTI 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Sweeeeet!
By Dennis from NY on

2007 Volkswagen GTI 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Over the past five years I have had a total of six VW/Audi vehicles, including a 2001 GTI 1.8 Manual and a 2005 Audi A4 1.8 manual and this car blows them all away! I test drove the new A4 2.0T, as well as the Infiniti G35, and the new BMW 328xi which all are sweet, fun and capable cars however the GTI just came out even or ahead in most of the categories that are important. My decision came down to the GTI 4dr and the BMW 328xi and for the extra $17,000 for the Bimmer the decision was very easy, take the GTI and save a ton of money! The build quality is fantastic, the interior is high quality and comfortable, the car handles fantastically, the engine is extremely smooth. this car is very practical and fun!

Favorite Features

The car is sweet. I like the smooth engine, and the manual is also much smoother than the previous models. The Interior is fantastic and comfortable, I love the plaid cloth seats! This car just begs to be driven, I have over 3,000 miles and have only owned it a month! The 4 door version looks sweet and is practical.

Suggested Improvements

The satellite antenna should be same color as the car. Make this car in 4WD like they have in Europe.