So Far So Good
By Mil-town native on
2007 Volkswagen GTI 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)
I just got it and am loving it. I broke the 600 mile mark (safety purposes) and starting to break it in. She wants to go, that's all there is to it. I thought about getting the automatic, but missed the clutch and it's cheaper (1,075). It holds corners well, I would just like a little more response through the steering wheel. It has amazing leg room in the back. The shoulder room does not accommodate three sets of broad shoulders (being an ex-swimmer, it's hard to find that in a small car). With the seats down you have more room than you expect. I almost bought Mazda3. The GTI is a little more money but makes up for it in style and power.
Favorite Features
I love the seat style and bucket design, body style, the rims (standard spoke, not the giant circle pattern), rear hatch release, driver display and gauge cluster...list goes on...
Suggested Improvements
The wiper blades are not held securely by the wipers. I have to move them after/during a drive. The driver side did not come with lumbar support, but the passenger side did? I am not sure if that was fluke with mine. The head rest down position in the rear seems a little awkward.