Return to the VW Family
By Adam on
2007 Volkswagen GTI 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)
My first two cars were purchases that I could afford. This car was a "desire" and a nice treat to myself. It has fantastic pickup, a great transmission, and a beautiful VW interior. It gets good gas mileage for a sporty car. It handles very nicely. The sport suspension took some time to get used to after driving two floaty cars prior to this one. The hatchback is very practical, despite American's typical disdain of them. My mother has owned 11 VWs with very few reliability problems and they are extremely safe. My brother was in a head on collision in a '98 Jetta going 65 mph. He literally walked away with no injuries. This alone is a reason to buy VW.
Favorite Features
I love the plaid seats, DSG transmission, Sirius satellite radio, 6 disc in-dash CD player, and iPod jack. This car has a quality interior and it is far more stylish than Japanese models.
Suggested Improvements
My dealer experience was not that great. I had to take a late delivery and after I got it I discovered a big gouge in the front rim while washing it. We'll see if the dealer backs their product and makes me a happy customer by replacing the wheel.