My GTI Back in Black
By Lollybug on
2007 Volkswagen GTI 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)
Since I was a teenager I drove an '84 VW Scirocco. Later in life, for work related reasons I needed a 4X4 so I got a Liberty (mistake!) and parked my VW for restoration. I've missed it ever since. Nothing drives like a VW and never more has this been true than with their new 2007 GTI. In the short time I've had it, it's earned the title of "Car of the Year" to me. Performance is top-notch, the styling and interior is beautiful; it has the feel of a much more expensive auto. It's solid on the road and sticks to it when taking corners. You feel safe, secure, and you know you're getting value for your money. The 2007 GTI gets fabulous gas mileage and has actually brought fun back to the daily commute.
Favorite Features
The power and agility of this car are explosive. The interior is stocked with amazing extras, a large glovebox, driver side storage, sunglass holder, and a wicked trip computer with compass. My sore back adores the standard heated seats and the retro GTI plaid is a wonderful touch. I love this car.
Suggested Improvements
Not many but the radio should come iPod ready. Shouldn't have to cost you to have it hooked up. VW should have some different package combos with the GTI. I was thrilled my Black Beauty came standard w/17" "Snowflake" rims on it. Those "Potato Cutter" rims do the GTI a huge injustice. They're silly.