2007 Volkswagen GTI Consumer Review: Mein Fast Makes Me Smile

2007 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback - Consumer Review

Mein Fast Makes Me Smile
By anam on

2007 Volkswagen GTI 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I've got 2,000 miles on my GTI and she makes me smile! I'm 6'1" and I fit into the car nicely with plenty of space to go around, and still feel I'm part of the car. A lot of attention is paid in the finish details like a luxury car. In my shopping stage, it took me awhile to get over the stigma of the VW reliability that I heard from EVERYONE, but after doing a lot of research, the GTI is probably the BEST BET in the VW market. I got the candy white 4 door, and it's a beauty! The DSG transmission makes driving an auto more fun than it should be, however it takes time to get use to it, but it's a whole new experience. For city livin' and city drivin', this is the best practical and FUN car for my needs!

The DSG transmission and performance, steering wheel, plaid cloth (I like it), plenty of space for a compact car, 4-doors are a must for me, red calipers, and good gas mileage, telescopic steering wheel. This car is a great mix of speed and practicality.

It should have a larger moonroof (I got an air deflector, it made popping noise), an adjustable tilt for the front end of the driver's seat, more watts for the stereo, move the aux input out of the glove compartment, and make the DSG paddles part of the steering console instead of the steering wheel. Otherwise, I love it.