I love my GTI
By GTIjunkie on
2007 Volkswagen GTI 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)
This is the first VW I have ever owned and by far the greatest car I have ever had in my possession.The around town gas mileage has been about 26-28 mpg and 3 people are kind of cramped but the ride and handling make this vehicle shine. Long road trips have been a dream getting close to 460 miles on a full tank of premium gas. The dealer-only oil changes have been a little steep ($90 for the first and $170 for the second) but knowing that the car is handled correctly and will last me a long time has made it worth it. Knowing what I know now I would purchase this vehicle again and I love the looks I get from people watching me whiz by them.
Favorite Features
I love the feel of the leather seats the response of the handling when I take sharp turns & the hum of the engine. The GTI is much better to ride in w/ the windows down & the sunroof open. The convenience of the drop down back seat makes packing even the larger objects a simple task.
Suggested Improvements
I personally wish I would have gotten the navi now and I would have preferred XM to Sirus but even this is all changing in the satellite world so really no complaints or changes needed.