I'm in love with a German
By Justin on
2007 Volkswagen GTI 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)
I have been fixated on an Audi A3 since I saw them in Europe, and when I found out that they were coming to the states I had to have one, that is until I drove the GTI. The A3 was a little too refined for my taste, granted it is luxurious but it seems like a car that is easy to forget. The GTI however has all the classic makings of the cult phenomenon seen in the previous model, sure it's got a bit of wind noise (way less than previous gen), but if you had too much insulation you wouldnt be able to hear the growl of the exhaust... and if you have ever ridden in a tuned classic beetle you know it's almost deafening but fun as hell. They made a great modern performance platform and kept the VW soul.
Favorite Features
Sirius radio, steering wheel mounted computer and radio controls, mute button for radio, DSG, paddle shift, growl of exhaust, T U R B O, the look on the faces of Mustang boys when a Vee Dub hatch flies past em.
Suggested Improvements
Sporadic clicking noise, sound system has faulty programming (bass goes up unprovoked), other than that nearly perfect.