2007 Volkswagen GTI 2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo 6-speed Automated Manual Consumer Review - Great all around sprty car

2007 Volkswagen GTI - Consumer Review

Great all around sprty car
By GTI Fanboy on

2007 Volkswagen GTI 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

After testing many cars (Fit, Mazda 3, Accord, Passat, Legacy, A3) I decided to go with the GTI 4-door. I don't regret my purchase in the least. The car is a lot of fun to drive and the seating position is great. The powertrain is fantastic, with torque available everywhere, and the DSG is flawless. The car has a nice compromise of ride quality and handling. The interior is ergonomically perfect except for cruise control, and is made out of high quality materials (and the plaid seats are a plus). The hatchback design is very versatile and manages to hold items that would just not fit in a sedan. Fuel economy is better than the 2007 EPA rating. 14K mi trouble free and only 1 minor rattle!

Favorite Features

Perfect engine, DSG, form fitting seats, 17" Denver alloy wheels (mini Huf's), I love the minutely adjustable knob for seatback angle, Climatic holds 72 degrees very well, longer Euro svc. intervals, steering wheel and its controls, ambient lighting, trip computer, ESP, lots of airbags, safe.

Suggested Improvements

The stereo is pretty terrible (tho I love the head unit), cruise control should be on the steering wheel, wish it had Flexible Svc. like a BMW or a Mini (longer int's). Brakes are fine, but not great. No seat heaters with Pkg 1, boo! Lots of road noise with all season Continental tires. 1 rattle.