Fly By the Seat of Your Pants
By dannyboy on
2007 Volkswagen GTI 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)
I've put the first 1000 mi on my GTI and I have to say I have no regrets in purchasing this machine. The list of standard features is too long to write. The performance is all around. Great kick starting at about 2k rpms. I average around 30 mpg. The cabin is quiet with the windows up. You only hear the engine when you really push it. I myself have experienced no rattles up to now. Seats hold you in place but the bolstering also makes it hard to get out. Brake pedal feel is a little too soft for me. Ride is a little harsh, but its a sport tuned suspension, it's expected. I do have a problem with the radio. Bass erratically jumps up really high. Service dept is trying to isolate the cause.
Favorite Features
Heated side mirrors. HID headlights. Headlight washers. Turbo with basically no lag. Integrated side mirror turn signals. 6-disc cd changer. Steering wheel audio controls. Heads up display in between the tach and speedometer. Auto up/down windows for both driver/pass. Oh yeah, all this is standard.
Suggested Improvements
The iPod configuration isn't user friendly. You can't see the name of the song on the stereo. The need for synthetic oil changes or premium fuel. (Although you can use regular but who wants less performance from this bad boy?) Stereo needs a little more bass. More storage space in the center armrest.