2007 Volkswagen GTI 2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo 6-speed Manual Consumer Review - Fantastic Car!

2007 Volkswagen GTI - Consumer Review

2007 Volkswagen GTI 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Fantastic Car!
By richpa on

2007 Volkswagen GTI 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This is the 3rd VW I've owned in a row and the second GTI I've owned. This is head and shoulders better than my last GTI, and I loved that car! In terms of performance, it's a blast to drive, has great power, hardly any turbo lag, great handling. Inside it is beautiful, the seats are really comfortable, the stereo is good (not great), the materials and fit and finish are first rate. I have 6000 miles on it so far and it is running great, averaging about 28.5 mpg so far using premium gas. The 4 door has surprising room in the back for passengers and I keep getting comments from people about how attractive the front end of the car is. Sweet looking 18 inch rims as well. Glad I bought it!

Favorite Features

Xenon headlights, 18" rims, steering wheel, iPod adapter, leather bolstered sport seats, 4 door versatility, gutsy engine with hardly any turbo lag, smooth 6 speed shifter.

Suggested Improvements

The one feature I wish it had was an auto-dimming rear view mirror. The sound quality could be better from the stereo as well, although it is a pretty good stereo.