2007 Volkswagen GTI Consumer Review: False Premonition

2007 Volkswagen GTI - Consumer Review

2007 Volkswagen GTI

Base 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo 6-speed Manual)

False Premonition
By MH on

2007 Volkswagen GTI 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I am 6'5 and this car proved itself to be great, roomy, sporty, economical and attractive. I traded my VW Gti 337 Ed, due to thinking that it will break down as soon as I run out of warranty. Unfortunately I should have kept it. After 7 months of ownership the '07 GTi came across an issue, a clunking noise in the front of the suspension. I went to research this on a vw forum and it turns out plenty of people have this problem. I attempted to fix this under warranty & even dealt with VWOA and no fix has been found, better yet it couldn't been replicated despite the fact that I had proof on video of many random recurrence and having a service manager replicated it to the quality rep from vw.

The exterior, interior, performance & economical (330 miles to a full tank). Great all around car failed by design (read below for more info). Owned the car for 2 yrs and got fed up with the issues, buying a used Honda Si Hatch w/ these gas prices. New redesign is coming out, same platform be aware!

I was told by one of the mechanics at VW, due to many visits for the clunk and inability to repair; that once something is designed with a flaw it wont be capable of repairing. VW messed up a great car, they need to fix the flawed subframe or steering rack issues, whatever it is causing the clunk.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review