2007 Volkswagen GTI Consumer Review: Best all-around car....period.

2007 Volkswagen GTI - Consumer Review

Base 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo 6-speed Automated Manual)

Best all-around car....period...
By BigBob on

2007 Volkswagen GTI 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

After owning SUVs, sports cars, economy cars, this is THE best all-around car that combines features of each of the above-listed automobiles. Fuel economy is excellent when compared to the performance. Sure you can get 40 mgg in a prius but the drive is boring, I'll take the 31-34 mpg in a fun-to-drive GTI any day. I've owned the car for 2.5 years and have had absolutely no problems with it, besides a small rattle in the rear drivers-side door panel that the dealership was able to fix at no charge. I usually get bored with cars after a year or two but this GTI is the only car I've owned that I am seriously considering buying after my lease is up.

STEERING WHEEL! The build quality is amazing! The GTI is really the poor-man's BMW. The performance and handling are amazing. Standard features are abundant and there is a great attention to detail and refined engineering.

The car could use 25-50 more horsepower. I would also like to have seen the car lowered by about 1-1.5 inches to reduce body roll. While I LOVE the look of the cloth interior the fabric used could be more durable and more resistant to wear. These are small suggestions to an otherwise amazing car!!