A car for all moods
By Paul on
2007 Volkswagen GTI 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)
I like this car because it follows my driving moods. Sometimes, I just like to adjust the climate, put it in drive, turn on Sirius Disorder and drive it like a normal car. And it does this marvelously. When I do this, it's fairly easy to get 30 mpg or more (according to the car's computer). Sometimes, I like to pick my own gears, put the windows down and the sunroof back, crank up Alt Nation and strap a brick to my shoe. It handles this impressively as well. And will still get around 27 mpg. No matter how I feel like driving, this car just delivers a great drive. It looks and feels rock solid. There's little features VW doesn't even flaunt giving me the impression of attention to details.
Favorite Features
DSG is brilliant! This dual-clutch automated manual tranny truly is the future of changing gears, if it proves to have a comparable lifespan. 2.0T is uber impressive. I'm a stickler for ergonomics and this car delivers. Everything is exactly where it should be and looks great being there.
Suggested Improvements
I wouldn't complain if VW threw a woofer in the back. Like in Dodge's Caliber. A Daytime Running Lamp Override would be nice. They have that in Europe's version, I guess. Weird. The sat radio song/artist display should scroll. For weeks I thought Interpol wrote a song called The Heinrich Man.