2007 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific GTI model:
Fun to drive commuter
By Dave on 05/22/07 12:58 PM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I got out of my lease 2 years early with my Acura RSX due to technical issues with the suspension. Yes it cost me nearly $4,000 to get out of my lease but it was WELL worth getting this GTI. It is stylish in and out, comfortable and most of all FUN to drive!!! It's much faster then the RSX and the DSG transmission is silky smooth. Between the DSG tranny and the lack of turbo lag this car pulls hard until you can't go any faster without getting a ticket :)

Fun and Practical
By ECONROY on 05/19/07 03:38 AM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

You don't see a bunch of these on the road, probably because the price is above others in this class. But for those who enjoy driving and want the utility of a hatchback and a small car that zips in and out of tight spaces, this car fills the bill and then some. My wife says it has "scootability". Ignore stats on power and weight. This 200 HP turbo MOVES this car and you feel it. We got package #2 with leather in tornado red. Yesterday we got a Pioneer AVIC- Z2 with nav and music hard drive installed and component speakers. For under $30,000 we've put together a car my wife and I hate to get out of.

Love This Car
By Smilie_One on 05/18/07 21:28 PM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I bought a GTI with a sunroof, 18" hufeisen alloy wheels, ground effects, DSG automatic, cloth seats. I have received numerous compliments on it. Even a month later, I turn and look at it as I walk away. I love the flexibility of a hatchback. It has more back seat comfort room than my Mustang GT. It has a smoother ride than my Mustang. It has plenty of ability to maneuver in Atlanta traffic. The gas mileage is very acceptable. I am very pleased with my purchase.

Fly By the Seat of Your Pants
By dannyboy on 05/10/07 14:12 PM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I've put the first 1000 mi on my GTI and I have to say I have no regrets in purchasing this machine. The list of standard features is too long to write. The performance is all around. Great kick starting at about 2k rpms. I average around 30 mpg. The cabin is quiet with the windows up. You only hear the engine when you really push it. I myself have experienced no rattles up to now. Seats hold you in place but the bolstering also makes it hard to get out. Brake pedal feel is a little too soft for me. Ride is a little harsh, but its a sport tuned suspension, it's expected. I do have a problem with the radio. Bass erratically jumps up really high. Service dept is trying to isolate the cause.

I'm in love with a German
By Justin on 05/08/07 20:01 PM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I have been fixated on an Audi A3 since I saw them in Europe, and when I found out that they were coming to the states I had to have one, that is until I drove the GTI. The A3 was a little too refined for my taste, granted it is luxurious but it seems like a car that is easy to forget. The GTI however has all the classic makings of the cult phenomenon seen in the previous model, sure it's got a bit of wind noise (way less than previous gen), but if you had too much insulation you wouldnt be able to hear the growl of the exhaust... and if you have ever ridden in a tuned classic beetle you know it's almost deafening but fun as hell. They made a great modern performance platform and kept the VW soul.

Back to Our VW
By Back to a VW again on 05/03/07 21:46 PM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

We traded in our 2002 Jetta 1.8 turbo for a PT Cruiser GT. We missed the VW performanace after the deal was done. Three years later we sold the PT and purchased a GTI with DSG. We put 1100 miles on it before we took it on a trip to Calif from Wa State. The GTI was a pleasure on the whole trip. Plenty of power, cornered well and we got 29.5 MPG on our 2500 mile trip. This car was well worth the investment. I tried to buy a bra for the trip but they don't make one yet, however after returning home and scrubbing the car I was delighted that there was not one chip on the front end (nice design ). Try one and you will be sold.

My GTI Back in Black
By Lollybug on 05/03/07 11:46 AM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Since I was a teenager I drove an '84 VW Scirocco. Later in life, for work related reasons I needed a 4X4 so I got a Liberty (mistake!) and parked my VW for restoration. I've missed it ever since. Nothing drives like a VW and never more has this been true than with their new 2007 GTI. In the short time I've had it, it's earned the title of "Car of the Year" to me. Performance is top-notch, the styling and interior is beautiful; it has the feel of a much more expensive auto. It's solid on the road and sticks to it when taking corners. You feel safe, secure, and you know you're getting value for your money. The 2007 GTI gets fabulous gas mileage and has actually brought fun back to the daily commute.

Superb Vehicle
By Murray on 04/27/07 09:31 AM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

Ordered my GTI to get all the features I desired (took 4 months from order to delivery). The GTI is a joy to drive. DSG transmission is flawless. Switches and controls feel particularly solid. Experience only minor turbo lag (when engine accelerates from less than ~2000 rpm). Above 2000 rpm you feel like you're in a rocket! While car can take regular gas, performance is clearly enhanced with premium. After 1200 miles, getting 26-27 mpg for mostly highway driving (75-80 mph). Car is very quiet at speed. Optional 17 inch low profile all season tires are significantly less stiff than the summer tires. Excellent integration of radio and nav system with instrument panel display.

My 100 Point Car
By myjoiseygti on 04/23/07 19:27 PM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I wanted to trade down from a Passat and was interested a sport hatch. Looked at Mini Cooper, Mazda3 5 door and Audi A3 as well as Acura TSX. The GTI 5 door is the A3 without the steep price tag and the roof-length sunroof. This car is tremendous value. If you want leather, you'll pay about the same as you would for the Acura. Stick to the traditional plaid cloth, it's not only retro, it's comfortable and durable.

2007 Volkswagen GTI
By Briiga Eichstaedt on 04/21/07 09:27 AM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

As a German, I am very particular about my cars. Though I do not automatically dismiss non-German cars, I prefer the ride and fun of the German auto. This VW is no exception. I love how it was made in Wolfsburg, Germany. The styling is great. It is a complete blast to drive. I wish the Americans would build an Autobahn! I am short but have tall family and friends. They all fit in with no problem. The four door is great, and I can fit so much cargo in the trunk. I love the 18" wheels with the red brake callipers and adore the red stripe on the grill. If you live in a state that requires two license plates I recommend forego the front one. Looks much better!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.