2007 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific GTI model:
A Superior Automobile
By Nederland on 06/16/07 08:18 AM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback Fahrenheit 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

This car is a successful compromise, a sporty, thrifty, fun, unique, practical car. Very quick, fuel efficient (I'm doing a little better than the listed EPA), decent rear seat, plush, unique, racy, versatile. What's not to like? The car gets lots of looks. The orange is a love/hate thing, but everyone has strong feelings. This would be a bad choice for a shy introvert. This car is front and center, and was designed to be noticed.

Best VW I've driven
By Willie J on 06/06/07 05:46 AM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback Fahrenheit 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

This is one great vehicle. It has great handling, excellent pick up and go, awesome power too! The ride is a little harsh for my taste, but the tires make the handling that much better. The fuel economy is great too for a car like this, about 25 mpg in mixed driving. Decent cargo in the back too, my golf clubs can fit back there! Rear seat room is good also for adults, as long as they're not too tall. Comfortable seats, even though I don't understand why the lumbar support is the only power operation. Pretty good base stereo. There is a blind spot over the right shoulder that can be aggravating on the highways.

Practical Fun
By fhohio on 06/04/07 19:35 PM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I decided to purchase the GTI because it is a great combination of performance, practicality, and value. The engine pulls strongly into triple-digit speeds, the handling on the 17 inch rims all season tires is good, though if pushed it displays typical front wheel drive understeer. The ride is firm but not punishing, and the fit and finish are difficult to fault. Fuel mileage has been quite good. Only complaint has been a gear noise while parked with the transmission in neutral, but this seems to be unusual, and has not affected operation one bit.

GTI Rules!!!
By mapssi on 06/04/07 11:45 AM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Driving my GTI is a pure pleasure! Especially after I chipped it with APR. I now have 252 HP and 303 lb of torque! You can get more then 300 hp with just some basic modes. The ride is a little stiff at highway speeds, however if I have the family (2+2) with me the ride is better. I have the 4 door so it is much more practical then 2 doors. I notice that some body seams are wider then others (especially the hatch door seams) but over all, I LOVE it!!

Great car!!!
By Veedubliger on 06/02/07 14:05 PM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Traded my RX-8 for it and don't regret my decision. It feels good to be back in the VW family. Missed owning a Veedub but the new GTI was worth the wait. It is a fun little car. It is easy to drive fast with all the torque. I keep having to remind myself that I don't have to rev the hell out of it like the RX-8. It has a top-notch interior and cool exterior looks.

Si killer
By Jaycee on 06/01/07 01:10 AM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

The GTI is a stronger, more comfortable, has a classier interior, and just an all around better car than the Si. Don't believe me? Test drive the Si and GTI back to back and tell me what you think. Everything about the car makes it so special: xenon lamps, original GTI styled seats, responsive clutch, intricate buttons and lights, roomy backseat, 60/40 rear folding seats, 6 cd changer with premium sound (product of Bose), free 3 month satellite radio subscription, mpg counter, miles till refuel counter, rear AC, in dash computer menu, and definitely the large amount of torque. I was also surprised when I received my Fast yesterday in the mail.

The GTI is Back!
By Californian on 05/30/07 07:58 AM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This car is brand new, so I don't yet know about mileage and reliability. However the EPA figures are fine and everything works. There are no rattles. What a fantastic little car! It looks great inside and out, handles well and has excellent power. I chose a white, two-door six speed with a sunroof and leather. It also has the built-in Sirius radio. The DSG transmission would also be a good choice. I have the 18" wheels with aggressive tires. The ride would be a bit better with the all-seasons. Sure, the GTI is not exactly inexpensive, but it's a lot of car for the money. I looked at and drove a lot of cars, including the Mazdaspeed 3, and the GTI was for me.

Very Happy So Far
By Jetta Upgrade on 05/30/07 03:14 AM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I have put the first 500 miles on my GTI and so far I am very happy with it. The car drives extremely well; a lot of pick-up and very smooth gear changes. The ride is a little stiff, especially on city streets, but not prohibitive. I don't have any problems with rattles or the radio, which I think sounds great! My only complaints are the iPod adapter - not super user friendly. The seats could be more adjustable - I am petite. It could use more storage space in the armrest and the price of premium gas. But overall, it is fun to drive, and it feels safe on the road and quite luxurious.

2007 Volkswagen GTI
By Jason on 05/24/07 14:10 PM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

Great car! I take the long way to work every day for an awesome drive.

Great car, poor quality control
By Mixed feelings on 05/22/07 20:46 PM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

Have had GTI for 2 weeks now. The air conditioning compressor "detonated" after two days requiring a complete system replacement and 5 days in the shop waiting for parts. Have had check engine light go on and off for no apparent reason twice since then. Other than that it has been great, good power and handling, great ride, nice, thoughtful features, though with room for improvement. The radio is great, as are the seats, front and rear. The power is nice, though there is a bit of torque steer. The DSG gearbox works best if you let it do itÂ’s thing. Sport mode is best for hills when engine braking is needed. Incredible brakes. Lovely headlights.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.