Used 2007 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Volkswagen Gti - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific GTI model:

YES IT CAN
By FirstVW

2007 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This car is fun in every way and has all the little features that make it feel more expensive than it is. The engine is so torquey, I never wanna drive a VTEC again. Perfect gear ratios in the 6 speed. Makes my 20 mile daily commute fun. Your car should be fun.

Favorite Features

Everything

Suggested Improvements

Eats a quart of oil in between changes. Original tires suck, get goodyear eagle gt's and you'll be happy. Driver door didn't "know" it was open (no interior light) for a while, then fixed itself.

outstanding
By ksmith

2007 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

This car is outstanding! I have a loaded 2 door model and have had it for 2 years. It's the best car I've ever had. People constantly stop me to ask me about it. It's comfortable and very fast. The mpg is consistent. There is surprisingly a ton of room in this car. VW has great cars and this one is top of the heap!

Favorite Features

DSG, navigation, innovative VW emblem that opens the hatch, climatronic, ipod compatibility, xenon headlights

Suggested Improvements

bluetooth, touch screen navigation, ipod interfacing

VW MKV GTI
By bigmiza

2007 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I love the car. I looked at other cars such as the Civic SI and Subaru WRX, but I fell in love with the VW. I love the design, both exterior and interior. The performance is great, when requested. I love the ride--a great balance between comfort & performance.

Favorite Features

Turbo, Xenons, Heated Seats, Hufs and of course the steering wheel.

Suggested Improvements

lit glovebox, painted rear bumper, radio needs higher contrast.

Why does it use oil?
By Carl Stackhouse

2007 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback Fahrenheit 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

Overall the car is great, but uses approx. 1 quart every 2,000 miles. Should this happen? If someone out there is having the same problem, please let me know. I'm getting nowhere with the dealership. If it wasn't for this problem, I love the car.

Favorite Features

Love everything!

Suggested Improvements

Stop using oil. I can't believe a vehicle with only 17,000 miles uses this much oil. Please help.

Great Car for today
By Mike

2007 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I bought this car with 19,000 miles, trading in a BMWX3. If you drive it conservatively, it's comfortable, economical, the hatch makes it versatile and it provides a lot of amenities that you get with more expensive cars. When you want it, the power and handling are terrific. The ride is a bit rough on rough roads but that was expected with low profile tires. I have had owned several sports sedans but always thought the power came at the expense of handling. This car makes a lot of sense and I could not be happier. Finally, one unexpected benefit is the cloth seats which are cooler than leather in the summer sun. The car cools quickly after a stint in a parking lot.

Favorite Features

Overall versatility with superior driving performance

Suggested Improvements

I would offer another set of tires like the BMX 3 series does for a bit more comfortable ride