2007 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific GTI model:
My GTI
By Lorraine on 08/09/07 19:12 PM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback Fahrenheit 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

This car is great fun to drive. Sometimes I wish we did not have speed limits. I am an older woman, driving a bright red GTI manual. Loving it, simply loving it. It holds the road like no other. I had an Audi A4, 1997. That car was also manual. My GTI seems quicker,and equally great to drive.

When can I drive it again?
By VWGTI2007 on 08/02/07 09:04 AM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

The title explains it all, you don't want to stop driving it. This car is the perfect blend of performance, practicality and value. I think it sums it up to say that this car does everything well but not super. As I drive it more and more, I know I made the right choice to jump over to the VW GTI club from the Honda Family. I was very skeptical but so far the experience has been amazing. If you treat a car as a vehicle going from point A to point B, you might not appreciate what this car has to offer. If you treat driving as an experience, this is a must have.

Get one now
By happy camper on 07/19/07 22:36 PM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Very impressive hatchback. I am a big guy and I fit comfortably in this car and oh the speed and agility are unbelievable. I went in for the third car Rabbit and came out with the GTI speedster. I just can't stay out of it and when I turn it off I can't wait to get in it again. I am creating reasons to go to the store.

Great fun
By Dan W on 07/17/07 20:40 PM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I've put almost 2000 m. on my GTI. The more I drive it, the more I like it. It's great fun. VW should be applauded for building a terrific car for reasonable $. There is really no competition for the GTI, except for its cousin, the Audi A3. The GTI is quick and handles great; it even sounds wonderful - similar to a Honda VTEC at high rpm and it has a low growl when you give it some gas at low rpm. The rest of the time, it's quiet, as it should be. The build quality is excellent, too. The Civic Si, is no match for the VW in every day driving. The VW has much more low/mid range torque. It's a joy to drive and the Civic would be a chore. And, the GTI's hatchback design is much more practical.

2007 4-Door GTI DSG
By VWGTI2007 on 07/16/07 11:49 AM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

A practical sports car if there ever was one. Pros: great power, great room and comfort, lots of features. Cons: Some rattles, could use nicer radio display.

I love my GTI
By GTIjunkie on 07/16/07 09:07 AM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This is the first VW I have ever owned and by far the greatest car I have ever had in my possession.The around town gas mileage has been about 26-28 mpg and 3 people are kind of cramped but the ride and handling make this vehicle shine. Long road trips have been a dream getting close to 460 miles on a full tank of premium gas. The dealer-only oil changes have been a little steep ($90 for the first and $170 for the second) but knowing that the car is handled correctly and will last me a long time has made it worth it. Knowing what I know now I would purchase this vehicle again and I love the looks I get from people watching me whiz by them.

35K and the livin' is easy
By scottincarmel on 07/08/07 18:23 PM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

My 07 4 door (pkg. 2, manual, 18" Huffs with summer tires) now has 35K miles on it, and I have not had it back to the dealer for anything. I do my own oil changes (Mobil 1 0W40) etc. For the winter, I ran 16" Michelin Pilot Alpin PA2 winter tires, which made this car unstoppable, very impressive. About the only issue I have is with paint chipping on the hood (speed mayhave a bit to do with that!). Otherwise, all systems "GO".

Fantastic Car!
By richpa on 07/05/07 13:21 PM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This is the 3rd VW I've owned in a row and the second GTI I've owned. This is head and shoulders better than my last GTI, and I loved that car! In terms of performance, it's a blast to drive, has great power, hardly any turbo lag, great handling. Inside it is beautiful, the seats are really comfortable, the stereo is good (not great), the materials and fit and finish are first rate. I have 6000 miles on it so far and it is running great, averaging about 28.5 mpg so far using premium gas. The 4 door has surprising room in the back for passengers and I keep getting comments from people about how attractive the front end of the car is. Sweet looking 18 inch rims as well. Glad I bought it!

A Nice Surprise
By TwoLabs on 06/28/07 18:59 PM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

What a nice surprise the GTI has been. I have never really noticed the GTI before, but ended up buying one. I am very satisfied so far. Only 250 miles, but it is hard to stop driving. The power is fantastic and the overall feel in the cabin is comfortable. I have the 4 door and I was surprised with the ample legroom. No complaints at all. Just a fun, comfortable rocket ship with many amenities to enjoy.

My first car, the GTI.
By Mike on 06/26/07 16:13 PM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I did a lot of researching for my car and finally decided on the GTI. I wanted something fuel efficient, cool looking, fast, but not too pricey. Compared to any Honda (Civic, Accord), Mazda (3), Mini Cooper and Audi (A3), this car by far took the cake. Some of the best handling I've ever experienced. This is an extremely fun and fast car which has a very subtle look about it, but shines when you'd like it to. VW may not be on peoples' radar for amazing cars, but the GTI has my full backing 100%. This is easily the best investment I've ever made.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.