2007 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific GTI model:
Better than a Honda
By jburnette on 09/29/07 20:10 PM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

The GTI is really a great car. The good outweighs the bad and the car is the first of many that I want to hang on to. My only real problem with the car is the many dash noises and some weird sounds that keep coming up from time to time. The quality of the interior is sound and not cheap plastic. I can't understand why this car makes sounds that seem not to be an easy fix. It seems so solid. Overall you won't be sorry. This cars gets tons of attention no matter where you go. The price is a bit high but it's really worth it.

Absolutely Amazing!
By RWH on 09/06/07 09:36 AM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This car is incredible! It looks great and drives even better. I must have driven about 15 different cars before I decided on the GTI, and I am 100% satified with it. The acceleration, handling, and braking are all top notch. It feels like driving a car that costs 2x what the GTI costs. The seats are incredibly comfortable and offer excellent support for cornering and for long drives. The stereo rocks, and the displays and controls are well designed and easy to use. I find myself trying to invent things to do just so I can drive it again.

Early thoughts
By nectar on 09/04/07 11:07 AM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Package 1, 18" hufs, vortex body kit, wow... this car is well sorted. Power is smooth and plentiful, tranny is lovely, not notchy in the least. And the handling/brakes are great bone stock. I was considering a WRX, Mazdaspeed3 (which my brother owns and loves it as well), and a few others. I drove the GTI and feel in love. Having been a long time VW owner (I currently own), I was happy to see the GTI is made in Germany. I've just made it past the break-in period, so I'm finally able to do some spirited driving and I couldn't be happier (well, AWD would have made this car perfect, but hey we can't have it all). This car was built to drive. I smile every time I get in.

Worth Every Penny!
By lefter13 on 09/01/07 20:07 PM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I enjoy my car very much. It's a lot of fun to drive.

Best bang 4 the buck
By Joel on 09/01/07 10:47 AM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This car drives and performs great, the fuel economy is excellent. I previously owned a MK4 GTi and it was a great car but this one is far better, good job VW.

Having fun shifting again
By RJM on 08/27/07 09:23 AM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I've had the GTI for three months now and I can honestly say it's a blast to drive, and with four doors, it's very practical as well. This is my first manual transmission car in 18 years and I'm really enjoying shifting on my own again. The car has plenty of power and very little turbo lag. Build quality is excellent and I've had no issues with reliability. I was tempted to get a BMW 335i, but in Northern Virginia where I live it seems that every other car is a BMW 3 series so the GTI is a nice change and the price is extremely reasonable for what you get.

Serious Safety Problems
By Kriss Mellor on 08/25/07 15:10 PM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I owned my 2007 VW GTI for about 6 months and it's been in for repairs well over 2 months in total. The information center was defective. It took over a week to replace. Most serious problem could be related to the engine, transmission, turbo - don't yet know the source. The dealer can't identify the problem and VW tech support has been useless. Possibly related to heat, since it occurs most often when the temperature is high. As you step on the gas the car drops out of gear and will not respond. It feels like you are slamming on the brakes, according to my friend who was driving with me during one of these "seizures". This is a very serious safety issue. Car was bought back by the dealer.

Unbelievable for the money!
By HSJ on 08/20/07 17:52 PM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Sure there are better-looking and sportier cars, but none can match the GTIs combination of good looks, great interiors, very sporty driving and great pricing. I have the manual base car, and the list of "stuff" that is standard is amazing: 10-speaker(!) kicker Monsoon audio, Bi-Xenon headlamps, Driver Information Display (with 2 awesome trip computers), auto up/down on all windows, heated power mirrors, lots of user-programmable features, steering wheel controls, sports front seats, power outlet in trunk, great "mood" lighting at night, map lights all around - list just goes on. I love the interior lighting at night. After this car, other non-luxury cars' interiors seem cheap.

A car for all moods
By Paul on 08/16/07 12:16 PM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I like this car because it follows my driving moods. Sometimes, I just like to adjust the climate, put it in drive, turn on Sirius Disorder and drive it like a normal car. And it does this marvelously. When I do this, it's fairly easy to get 30 mpg or more (according to the car's computer). Sometimes, I like to pick my own gears, put the windows down and the sunroof back, crank up Alt Nation and strap a brick to my shoe. It handles this impressively as well. And will still get around 27 mpg. No matter how I feel like driving, this car just delivers a great drive. It looks and feels rock solid. There's little features VW doesn't even flaunt giving me the impression of attention to details.

Great Car
By OrangeBlood on 08/10/07 21:40 PM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback Fahrenheit 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

This car is not only a speedy sport compact but a very comfortable car for around town driving as well as commuting. Don't get me wrong, I bought this car because it is flat out fun to drive but it also has tremendous gas mileage too. If you stay off the turbo, you can easily get 30 mpg on the freeway and 26 on the streets. I have driven a few tiptronic transmission cars but nothing that compares. Simply put the car in sport mode, grip the wheel and hold on, no turbo lag. I am a pretty tall guy, over 6' tall, but I can ride comfortably in any seat in the car. The color of the fahrenheit really polarizes folks. It is a love or hate thing but most people will tell you that this car is sharp.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.