Used 2007 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific GTI model:

2007 4-Door GTI DSG
By VWGTI2007

2007 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

A practical sports car if there ever was one. Pros: great power, great room and comfort, lots of features. Cons: Some rattles, could use nicer radio display.

2.0T engine, DSG transmission, hatchback, Xenon headlights with washers.

Better interior fit and finish to avoid rattles, a lot of plastic.

I love my GTI
By GTIjunkie

2007 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This is the first VW I have ever owned and by far the greatest car I have ever had in my possession.The around town gas mileage has been about 26-28 mpg and 3 people are kind of cramped but the ride and handling make this vehicle shine. Long road trips have been a dream getting close to 460 miles on a full tank of premium gas. The dealer-only oil changes have been a little steep ($90 for the first and $170 for the second) but knowing that the car is handled correctly and will last me a long time has made it worth it. Knowing what I know now I would purchase this vehicle again and I love the looks I get from people watching me whiz by them.

I love the feel of the leather seats the response of the handling when I take sharp turns & the hum of the engine. The GTI is much better to ride in w/ the windows down & the sunroof open. The convenience of the drop down back seat makes packing even the larger objects a simple task.

I personally wish I would have gotten the navi now and I would have preferred XM to Sirus but even this is all changing in the satellite world so really no complaints or changes needed.

35K and the livin' is easy
By scottincarmel

2007 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

My 07 4 door (pkg. 2, manual, 18" Huffs with summer tires) now has 35K miles on it, and I have not had it back to the dealer for anything. I do my own oil changes (Mobil 1 0W40) etc. For the winter, I ran 16" Michelin Pilot Alpin PA2 winter tires, which made this car unstoppable, very impressive. About the only issue I have is with paint chipping on the hood (speed mayhave a bit to do with that!). Otherwise, all systems "GO".

Fun-to-drive quotient.

Power seats, Bluetooth.

Fantastic Car!
By richpa

2007 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This is the 3rd VW I've owned in a row and the second GTI I've owned. This is head and shoulders better than my last GTI, and I loved that car! In terms of performance, it's a blast to drive, has great power, hardly any turbo lag, great handling. Inside it is beautiful, the seats are really comfortable, the stereo is good (not great), the materials and fit and finish are first rate. I have 6000 miles on it so far and it is running great, averaging about 28.5 mpg so far using premium gas. The 4 door has surprising room in the back for passengers and I keep getting comments from people about how attractive the front end of the car is. Sweet looking 18 inch rims as well. Glad I bought it!

Xenon headlights, 18" rims, steering wheel, iPod adapter, leather bolstered sport seats, 4 door versatility, gutsy engine with hardly any turbo lag, smooth 6 speed shifter.

The one feature I wish it had was an auto-dimming rear view mirror. The sound quality could be better from the stereo as well, although it is a pretty good stereo.

A Nice Surprise
By TwoLabs

2007 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

What a nice surprise the GTI has been. I have never really noticed the GTI before, but ended up buying one. I am very satisfied so far. Only 250 miles, but it is hard to stop driving. The power is fantastic and the overall feel in the cabin is comfortable. I have the 4 door and I was surprised with the ample legroom. No complaints at all. Just a fun, comfortable rocket ship with many amenities to enjoy.

Acceleration, stereo is very good with a ton of bass, Sirius radio, lumbar seats, Xenon lights, signal lights on side mirrors, sunroof, heated seats, red cabin lights at night.

Power seats, memory seats, rear sensors when backing up.