Used 2007 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 130 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific GTI model:

A car for all moods
By Paul

2007 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I like this car because it follows my driving moods. Sometimes, I just like to adjust the climate, put it in drive, turn on Sirius Disorder and drive it like a normal car. And it does this marvelously. When I do this, it's fairly easy to get 30 mpg or more (according to the car's computer). Sometimes, I like to pick my own gears, put the windows down and the sunroof back, crank up Alt Nation and strap a brick to my shoe. It handles this impressively as well. And will still get around 27 mpg. No matter how I feel like driving, this car just delivers a great drive. It looks and feels rock solid. There's little features VW doesn't even flaunt giving me the impression of attention to details.

DSG is brilliant! This dual-clutch automated manual tranny truly is the future of changing gears, if it proves to have a comparable lifespan. 2.0T is uber impressive. I'm a stickler for ergonomics and this car delivers. Everything is exactly where it should be and looks great being there.

I wouldn't complain if VW threw a woofer in the back. Like in Dodge's Caliber. A Daytime Running Lamp Override would be nice. They have that in Europe's version, I guess. Weird. The sat radio song/artist display should scroll. For weeks I thought Interpol wrote a song called The Heinrich Man.

Great Car
By OrangeBlood

2007 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback Fahrenheit 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

This car is not only a speedy sport compact but a very comfortable car for around town driving as well as commuting. Don't get me wrong, I bought this car because it is flat out fun to drive but it also has tremendous gas mileage too. If you stay off the turbo, you can easily get 30 mpg on the freeway and 26 on the streets. I have driven a few tiptronic transmission cars but nothing that compares. Simply put the car in sport mode, grip the wheel and hold on, no turbo lag. I am a pretty tall guy, over 6' tall, but I can ride comfortably in any seat in the car. The color of the fahrenheit really polarizes folks. It is a love or hate thing but most people will tell you that this car is sharp.

2.0T engine is great, (look at the numbers, this car does not give up much from the R32 and weighs about 500lbs less), DSG gearbox, Xenon headlights are nice, gauges look good as does the entire interior, SAT radio, MP3 adapter, and the color is loud.

Power seats would be nice. That is all I can come up with. This is a great car.

My GTI
By Lorraine

2007 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback Fahrenheit 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

This car is great fun to drive. Sometimes I wish we did not have speed limits. I am an older woman, driving a bright red GTI manual. Loving it, simply loving it. It holds the road like no other. I had an Audi A4, 1997. That car was also manual. My GTI seems quicker,and equally great to drive.

I love the lane shift blinker. Just tap and it blinks 3 times. For me this car has adequate storage. The floor mats are really nice. I have only used the rubber ones and I think they are great. I love having controls on the steering wheel at my finger tips.

I would configure the speedometer into the computer which is viewed on the middle of the instrument panel.

When can I drive it again?
By VWGTI2007

2007 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

The title explains it all, you don't want to stop driving it. This car is the perfect blend of performance, practicality and value. I think it sums it up to say that this car does everything well but not super. As I drive it more and more, I know I made the right choice to jump over to the VW GTI club from the Honda Family. I was very skeptical but so far the experience has been amazing. If you treat a car as a vehicle going from point A to point B, you might not appreciate what this car has to offer. If you treat driving as an experience, this is a must have.

Bi-Xenon headlights, dual zone climate control, headlight washers, multifunction computer display, 4- doors, DSG, 2.0T FSI engine, 18" huffs, the hatch practicality, rear seat heat vents, heated seats.

Need optional power memory Seats, rattles appear, split dual exhaust, need some additional colors, GTI should have GTI logo on key fob.

Get one now
By happy camper

2007 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Very impressive hatchback. I am a big guy and I fit comfortably in this car and oh the speed and agility are unbelievable. I went in for the third car Rabbit and came out with the GTI speedster. I just can't stay out of it and when I turn it off I can't wait to get in it again. I am creating reasons to go to the store.

The iPod adapter, one touch power windows, 4 doors, roominess.

Work with Apple to allow the adapter to show the title and artist of the track.