2007 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback Consumer Reviews 11

2007 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific GTI model:
Awesome Car, Period!
By patrick lancaster on 12/15/06 23:11 PM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I have owned this car for a month now and it was definitely worth the hassle and wait. Four doors are a must. It has awesome power and handling!

2007 Volkswagen GTI
By chris on 12/09/06 15:56 PM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I have had a GTI for many years, including the MKIV and recently the MKV. The 2.0T motor is extremely powerful, much more so than the 1.8T was. The DSG transmission makes a world of difference.

Just Fun
By George on 12/08/06 08:08 AM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I intended to purchase a Mini Cooper S, but after driving he GTI I was sold that this was the car for me. I was looking for small and fun to drive vehicle and I made the right decision. The longer I own it, the more I appreciate the GTI's quality. I only wish it came with 4 wheel drive.

Fun to Drive, Best All Around Vehicle
By david gorospe on 11/29/06 15:35 PM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I've had other GTIs, a VR6 and a 1.8T. This MK5 by far is the best of them all. It has great torque, handling and comfort. The interior looks way more expensive than the competition. It is fun to drive. I added a new suspension and a chip. They make it handle and go even better. This car might cost a little bit more compared to Honda, Mini, others, but you have to pay for all the same extras that comes with the GTI. For real everyday driving this has the best overall, you will still love this car even after five or more years, think about that! My good friends that drive Fords and Acuras test drove my car and the absolutely loved it!

GTI Turbo
By Mandi Terry on 11/25/06 23:26 PM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

This car has been great for the short time I have owned it. I plan on owning it, until it falls apart. The first day I drove the car home, I hit a huge rabbit and it broke my fog light bulb. It scared the heck out of me, my first new car and I already killed an animal. I hope I never hit another animal for as long as I own the car.

Sweeeeet!
By Dennis from NY on 11/23/06 09:20 AM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Over the past five years I have had a total of six VW/Audi vehicles, including a 2001 GTI 1.8 Manual and a 2005 Audi A4 1.8 manual and this car blows them all away! I test drove the new A4 2.0T, as well as the Infiniti G35, and the new BMW 328xi which all are sweet, fun and capable cars however the GTI just came out even or ahead in most of the categories that are important. My decision came down to the GTI 4dr and the BMW 328xi and for the extra $17,000 for the Bimmer the decision was very easy, take the GTI and save a ton of money! The build quality is fantastic, the interior is high quality and comfortable, the car handles fantastically, the engine is extremely smooth. this car is very practical and fun!

Awesome Little Car
By soccerref9 on 11/20/06 07:17 AM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This car is not only a true driver's car but is also refined and comfortable for a long distance drive. It's moderate pricing sets it apart from more expensive cars such as a BMW or Audi. Long term quality has in the past been an issue, but in my initial 5,000 miles and 7 weeks of ownership, I have not seen any problems.

Mein Fast Makes Me Smile
By anam on 11/16/06 03:20 AM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I've got 2,000 miles on my GTI and she makes me smile! I'm 6'1" and I fit into the car nicely with plenty of space to go around, and still feel I'm part of the car. A lot of attention is paid in the finish details like a luxury car. In my shopping stage, it took me awhile to get over the stigma of the VW reliability that I heard from EVERYONE, but after doing a lot of research, the GTI is probably the BEST BET in the VW market. I got the candy white 4 door, and it's a beauty! The DSG transmission makes driving an auto more fun than it should be, however it takes time to get use to it, but it's a whole new experience. For city livin' and city drivin', this is the best practical and FUN car for my needs!

Amazing Little, but Powerful Car
By Carlos on 11/15/06 18:54 PM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I have fun every time I drive my new GTI Red Tornado. I love everything about this little, but very powerful car. I am very happy with my new Fast. I named my car Puppy and the little toy that comes with the car Fasty... I leave you guys alone now, my little Puppy is waiting...RRRRRRR..

The Perfect Car
By kbizzle on 11/14/06 22:50 PM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

This car reminds me what I love about German engineering. It drives like a dream in every way. I bought the car 2 or 3 months ago and I love it so much I still turn around after I park it to watch it as I walk away.