2007 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific GTI model:
Took Me 23 Years...
By ndccpf1 on 01/25/07 11:43 AM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I looked at the Audi A3 (have an A4 also) but for the money VW gave you MUCH more and was more sporty. The GTI's engine is GREAT! And... it has CLOTH seats! Hurray! When will the USA market realize leather is NOT what everybody wants. I want other features in a car, but don't force me to take leather to get them! AND...hatchbacks are great!

A Lot of Car for Little Money
By detective40oz on 01/23/07 10:30 AM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I took delivery of mine this month. So far the car has been a pleasure to drive. From the subtle sporty looks to the refined interior this is a fun and practical car to drive. I'm never disappointed in the acceleration and having owned a 2003 GTI I can say this car is miles ahead of it in every category especially the handling! Simply put the 2007 GTI is more car than you would expect to get for $23,000.

Yep, It's a Yes!
By jburnette on 01/16/07 15:23 PM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I always wanted this car. I feels very solid, fast, and sporty. This car gets tons of attention no matter where you go. It is much more solid then the Honda I traded in for it. I love it.

Fun, Fast Fast! :)
By GTI on 01/15/07 21:36 PM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

After taking my car for a test drive, I was hooked. I felt like the little boy on the BMW add...I just had to have it! I was still supposed to shop around and look at all the other types of cars too, but never did. This car is very exciting stuff! Take it for a test drive, you`ll love it!

Fun Car
By tincup33 on 01/09/07 12:21 PM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I own a 2003 Cobra so I'm used to a fast car. I was surprised by the GTI's ability to just get up and go. Its handling is awesome and the design is very eye catching. We got rid of our Xterra to save on gas but it's hard not to get on it everywhere you go. I turned my wife onto this car and I'm glad I did, she was going to get a Rabbit.

First VW is a Beast!
By RoadkillPDX on 01/08/07 23:28 PM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I was a salesman at a Chevy dealership. I was looking for a fun-to-drive rig with aftermarket potential. I test drove many cars (Tiburon, Civic Si, Cobalt SS, Scion tC), but fell in lust with the ease of control, drivability, and the "oomph factor" that's found in turbocharged cars. This car may look like the Rabbit, with the exception of the sinister red grin on the grill, but underneath the cute exterior lies the quick-revving, adrenaline pumping, heart of an import-killing beast. The GTI is heavier than before (almost twice the weight of the A1 body), but with a power-to-weight ratio that puts many more expensive rigs to shame. Plus the car has almost no turbo lag. VW rocks!

Best Car I've Driven for the Price!
By Josh on 12/29/06 07:05 AM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

The GTI is really fast. I don't think there is any Honda in the same class that can be a match for the MkV GTI. Even the S2000 only has 40hp more, but 50lb/ft less than the GTI. It's the best purchase I've ever made.

2007 5-door GTI w/DSG
By seminole_kev on 12/26/06 11:03 AM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

This is a very nice car. It is a good blend of sport and comfort in the typical European fashion. It offers lots of nice features as well.

My Favorite Car
By Yurx Cherri on 12/21/06 11:28 AM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

This car is amazing. German engineers managed to combine exceptional dynamics and speed with very frugal fuel consumption. You will be shocked if you compare the interior room parameters with BMW X3. They are almost the same. On the top of that you are basically buying Audi A3 (a bit shorter) for about $5,000 less.

After Many Test Drives: The Winner!
By J.S. Sumner on 12/20/06 15:00 PM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

My son and I test drove eight different cars in the $20,000 to $25,000 price range and we both felt that hands down, the 4-door GTI was the winner. Many auto magazines felt the same. The quality inside and out, the safety (me), and the performance (him) won us over. I have owned German performance cars and this GTI has many of those factors. The DSG transmission is a major advancement in performance and to be in a car at this price point is hard to believe. Graduation from college has come and gone and this GTI will be with my son for many fun filled and safe years to come.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.