Used 2007 Volkswagen GTI Fahrenheit Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Volkswagen Gti - Consumer Reviews

2007 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback

View reviews for a specific GTI model:

Super Good Time
By jt

2007 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback Fahrenheit 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I have had this car for 2 years now and it is absolutely the best car I've owned (out of 6). Lots of room lively engine, suspension. Very easy to get along with. Had only minor probs. Fan switch and leaky coolant for a/c.

Favorite Features

DSG transmission, solid steering feel, rear seat space, great interior quality

Suggested Improvements

Lower cost of maintenance; ie: oil, wiper blades. If you purchase one with 18" wheels, be ready to fork over some cash when the tires wear out.

What makes Awesome.
By Chris C

2007 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback Fahrenheit 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

Its just a fine piece of engineering. This car feels absolutely solid and locked on to the road. Driving becomes more intuitive when the car goes exactly where you point it, when you point it. Anyone who has ever driven an American car should be familiar with the amount of sag or 'play' between the actual motion of the steering wheel and whats transmitted to the wheels. That's what makes German cars so awesome - wheels turn with the drivers hands. The DSG is just about the most underrated technological innovation ever. This trans is a blast, blowing through gears at speeds previously unimaginable for any gearbox. Learn about how the dual clutch works -- its worth the education.

Favorite Features

DSG Gearbox Launch Control ESP Optional Paint (Fahrenheit :) Steering Wheel Seats Moon Roof

Suggested Improvements

Better Stereo/Nav/Gadget integration.

Why does it use oil?
By Carl Stackhouse

2007 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback Fahrenheit 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

Overall the car is great, but uses approx. 1 quart every 2,000 miles. Should this happen? If someone out there is having the same problem, please let me know. I'm getting nowhere with the dealership. If it wasn't for this problem, I love the car.

Favorite Features

Love everything!

Suggested Improvements

Stop using oil. I can't believe a vehicle with only 17,000 miles uses this much oil. Please help.

Fahrenheit is Awesome!!!
By Tony Scavo

2007 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback Fahrenheit 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

Always wanted a GTI since the MK1 in 1983, finally got one almost 25 years later and I got the special edition. Wahooo, power/Torque is incredible for a 4 cyl turbo hatchback, reliability is perfect (currently have 27,000 miles on it after 10 months of ownership and the only issue i have had is figuring out where I'm going to drive next - best car i have ever owned, dead serious. I have driven it through death valley and into the yosemite valley, from Vegas to Denver and even up a dirt mountain driveway ( with snow chains ) and it has never failed me. The exhaust note is great and I added a K&N Intake which makes it sound even better. Suspension is stiff and sporty but pliable for long trips.

Favorite Features

DSG, Leather Seats, Interior, Torque, Suspension, Steering Wheel, Multi Function Display, Charleston Special edition wheels, the aura around owning a "FAST" its a brotherhood akin to Jeep ownership, only in a more spirited and capable driving platform - I love everything - VW nailed it!!

Suggested Improvements

It would be hard to improve on this car - but if a wish list were in order - AWD, 50 more HP/Torque ft lbs ( heck, why not? ) A body kit standard on the Fahrenheit (VW think R32 rear end and Rieger sides and front) An Ipod adapter in the center console and a 3rd cigarette power adapter, a USB port

VW hit the nail on the head!
By falconeight

2007 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback Fahrenheit 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I really wanted a Mini, but thought that I would check out the GTI first just to be sure, and I never made it to the mini dealer. This is by far a great hatchback, and I have owned a few of them. Everything from comfort, driveability, looks, hatchback handy, and gas mileage is perfect. I would have paid more for it. Great car! VW deserves a pat on the back for this one.

Favorite Features

Color, power, seats.

Suggested Improvements

Power seats.