2007 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific GTI model:
Super Good Time
By jt on 10/22/09 11:56 AM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback Fahrenheit 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I have had this car for 2 years now and it is absolutely the best car I've owned (out of 6). Lots of room lively engine, suspension. Very easy to get along with. Had only minor probs. Fan switch and leaky coolant for a/c.

What makes Awesome.
By Chris C on 08/08/09 22:30 PM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback Fahrenheit 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

Its just a fine piece of engineering. This car feels absolutely solid and locked on to the road. Driving becomes more intuitive when the car goes exactly where you point it, when you point it. Anyone who has ever driven an American car should be familiar with the amount of sag or 'play' between the actual motion of the steering wheel and whats transmitted to the wheels. That's what makes German cars so awesome - wheels turn with the drivers hands. The DSG is just about the most underrated technological innovation ever. This trans is a blast, blowing through gears at speeds previously unimaginable for any gearbox. Learn about how the dual clutch works -- its worth the education.

Why does it use oil?
By Carl Stackhouse on 10/16/08 15:05 PM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback Fahrenheit 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

Overall the car is great, but uses approx. 1 quart every 2,000 miles. Should this happen? If someone out there is having the same problem, please let me know. I'm getting nowhere with the dealership. If it wasn't for this problem, I love the car.

Fahrenheit is Awesome!!!
By Tony Scavo on 06/09/08 18:06 PM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback Fahrenheit 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

Always wanted a GTI since the MK1 in 1983, finally got one almost 25 years later and I got the special edition. Wahooo, power/Torque is incredible for a 4 cyl turbo hatchback, reliability is perfect (currently have 27,000 miles on it after 10 months of ownership and the only issue i have had is figuring out where I'm going to drive next - best car i have ever owned, dead serious. I have driven it through death valley and into the yosemite valley, from Vegas to Denver and even up a dirt mountain driveway ( with snow chains ) and it has never failed me. The exhaust note is great and I added a K&N Intake which makes it sound even better. Suspension is stiff and sporty but pliable for long trips.

VW hit the nail on the head!
By falconeight on 10/10/07 18:53 PM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback Fahrenheit 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I really wanted a Mini, but thought that I would check out the GTI first just to be sure, and I never made it to the mini dealer. This is by far a great hatchback, and I have owned a few of them. Everything from comfort, driveability, looks, hatchback handy, and gas mileage is perfect. I would have paid more for it. Great car! VW deserves a pat on the back for this one.

Great Car
By OrangeBlood on 08/10/07 21:40 PM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback Fahrenheit 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

This car is not only a speedy sport compact but a very comfortable car for around town driving as well as commuting. Don't get me wrong, I bought this car because it is flat out fun to drive but it also has tremendous gas mileage too. If you stay off the turbo, you can easily get 30 mpg on the freeway and 26 on the streets. I have driven a few tiptronic transmission cars but nothing that compares. Simply put the car in sport mode, grip the wheel and hold on, no turbo lag. I am a pretty tall guy, over 6' tall, but I can ride comfortably in any seat in the car. The color of the fahrenheit really polarizes folks. It is a love or hate thing but most people will tell you that this car is sharp.

My GTI
By Lorraine on 08/09/07 19:12 PM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback Fahrenheit 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

This car is great fun to drive. Sometimes I wish we did not have speed limits. I am an older woman, driving a bright red GTI manual. Loving it, simply loving it. It holds the road like no other. I had an Audi A4, 1997. That car was also manual. My GTI seems quicker,and equally great to drive.

A Superior Automobile
By Nederland on 06/16/07 08:18 AM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback Fahrenheit 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

This car is a successful compromise, a sporty, thrifty, fun, unique, practical car. Very quick, fuel efficient (I'm doing a little better than the listed EPA), decent rear seat, plush, unique, racy, versatile. What's not to like? The car gets lots of looks. The orange is a love/hate thing, but everyone has strong feelings. This would be a bad choice for a shy introvert. This car is front and center, and was designed to be noticed.

Best VW I've driven
By Willie J on 06/06/07 05:46 AM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback Fahrenheit 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

This is one great vehicle. It has great handling, excellent pick up and go, awesome power too! The ride is a little harsh for my taste, but the tires make the handling that much better. The fuel economy is great too for a car like this, about 25 mpg in mixed driving. Decent cargo in the back too, my golf clubs can fit back there! Rear seat room is good also for adults, as long as they're not too tall. Comfortable seats, even though I don't understand why the lumbar support is the only power operation. Pretty good base stereo. There is a blind spot over the right shoulder that can be aggravating on the highways.

Fun and exciting car
By heat on 04/12/07 04:19 AM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback Fahrenheit 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I initially went just to see what the hype was about and fell in love after the test drive. I was going to look at the Civic Si, but didn't even get out of the VW place with out the car. Took the one off the show room floor, #269 out of 1200. The car is really fun to drive. The seats are really comfortable. This is my first VW and definitely won't be my last. The DSG auto trans is really fun to play with when you want to do just that... play! I actually look forward to driving again.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.