Used 2007 Volkswagen GTI Base Consumer Reviews - 23 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Volkswagen GTI - Consumer Reviews

2007 Volkswagen GTI

View reviews for a specific GTI model:

It wins your heart!
By sal42

2007 Volkswagen GTI 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I bought my GTI new and it was my first car. I have loved it!!! It's been very reliable and fun to drive, as well as economical on gas, a great value. I have had no problems with the car and it has over 40,000 mi on it now. I am happy to have had this as my first car! I hope to keep it until it finally dies one day.

Engine, DSG gearbox, brakes and suspension.

Make the lumbar support for the seats better, but other than that it is very nicely built.

German feel and performance on a budget
By glm

2007 Volkswagen GTI 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

Have had several Hondas, this is much more car for less money. Having read a few of these other reviews I guess that experiences vary, but I've had exactly 0 problems with this car after 3 1/2 years of "spirited" driving. Nothing. Nada. Oil changes, regular maintenance, and that's it. I will say that the handling is a bit disappointing, feeling a bit top heavy and with a bunch of understeer. The DSG is less amusing than I thought and it's back to a stick next time around. But, overall, great motor, good all around driver. Took it from upstate NY to Outer Banks and comfortable all the way. A set of Blizzaks and snow is no issue. Finally I agree with Consumer Reports.

Interior quality, overall build quality, torquey motor.

Lower the suspension, stiffer roll bars, 40 more horsepower (well, I chose not to chip it) DSG upshifts too soon in D, too aggressive in Sport mode.

Best all-around car I've ever owned
By Thomas

2007 Volkswagen GTI 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

The perfect size car for city driving, FUN to drive, beautiful high quality interior, very comfortable sport seats, great customer service from my dealer & absolutely no reliability or repair issues. The hatchback & fold- down seats are very convenient. I have driven this car since new for almost 4 years now. It is the longest I have ever kept a car & it's one of my favorites. I have owned German, American, English & Japanese brands. In more affluent times, I have owned 2 Mercedes SL's & 5 BMW's. The Japanese are known for reliability, but the Germans win hands down for superior engineering & driving fun. I am shocked how much I continue to enjoy this GTI

sport seats, flat bottom sport steering wheel with controls, DSG transmission, satellite radio, adjustable armrest on center console, one touch 3 blink indicator, lots of storage space, high quality interior.

Black leather is the only color available with sport seats (in package). Wish there was a choice for a lighter color leather.

Best Ever
By sunsetswan

2007 Volkswagen GTI 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I have owned this car for 2 years now. This has been, overall, the best car I have ever owned, and I have owned a lot of vehicles over the last 40 yrs of driving. The quality is exceptional and the driving puts a smile on my face every time I drive it. The fun factor and mileage make it a "10".

The DSG transmission is wonderful. 18" Hefs our great. Gas mileage is good. Fun to drive factor.

Awkward position of cruise control.

outstanding
By ksmith

2007 Volkswagen GTI 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

This car is outstanding! I have a loaded 2 door model and have had it for 2 years. It's the best car I've ever had. People constantly stop me to ask me about it. It's comfortable and very fast. The mpg is consistent. There is surprisingly a ton of room in this car. VW has great cars and this one is top of the heap!

DSG, navigation, innovative VW emblem that opens the hatch, climatronic, ipod compatibility, xenon headlights

bluetooth, touch screen navigation, ipod interfacing