The hottest car I've ever owned!
By Redlinez on
2006 Volkswagen GTI New 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)
I just bought it on 5/17 and the only thing I'm unhappy about is having to wait so long for lunch and to go home! I don't know what it takes for some of you to rate a car highly, but this is the best vehicle I've owned out of 30. It has unbelievable handling, a superb interior, it's full of features, and I got 26 mpg on the first tank. This car has that intangible "right" feel like no other. Its power is an absolute blast, it's fun to embarrass other cars that cost quite a bit more. Its suspension tuning is spot on. It has safety features are everywhere. I felt drunk the first few days of ownership. I also considered the Civic Si sedan, but couldn't wait and 129 lb. ft. of torque won't cut it for me.
Favorite Features
I love the different looks, how it makes me feel, power, handling, brakes, steering, interior, features, and info center between gauges. The door jambs and area around door is well engineered too! I love the xenon headlights...everything!
Suggested Improvements
I only wish it had a subwoofer to help out at highway speeds. The seat fabric on bolsters not the best. It is hard to pick on the car I'm infatuated with.....