Best car ever
By GTI for life on
2006 Volkswagen GTI New 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)
I have a 2006 GTI with DSG. I love this car, it gets great gas milage, it is the funest car I have ever had, I can fold down the back seats and fit anything I need in it. The DSG is a must, it shifts faster than humanly possible, gets better gas mileage compared to the manual, and has been problem free for the entire 87000+ miles on the car. The only thing I don't like about the car is that I love it too much, ex. I always park far out in parking lots. This car has been 100% reliable, never has broken down and maintenance has been cheap.It is loaded with safety features which gives me peace of mind. I am going to drive this car to the grave and then buy another. I know someone who has 179Kmiles
Favorite Features
DSG, I use to be a manual guy but once I test drove a few I was convinced DSG. It out preforms the manual and gets better mpg and still gives you the ability to shift with paddles or the stick. My friend with 179k miles on his has a DSG as well. This car is also safe with airbags everywhere.
Suggested Improvements
None, every thing about the car feels solid especially when you drive and it sticks to the road like glue. I just wish I got the leather and climatronc AC since it makes the car seem like a $100k sport car. If I did it again I would get all the options since I plan on keeping this car forever.