2006 Volkswagen GTI 2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo 6-speed Manual Consumer Review - Loving This Car So Far

2006 Volkswagen GTI - Consumer Review

Base 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo 6-speed Manual)

Loving This Car So Far
By onthevirg on

2006 Volkswagen GTI New 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I shopped around, and the Volkswagen GTI seemed to offer the best bang for the buck as far as features and options are concerned. I had a 2002 Turbo Beetle, but this car is much more fun to drive and more comfortable to boot. It has no turbo lag, tons of torque, handles well, and interior is very nice. I like having the 6 speed transmission to run on the freeway at much lower RPM's. I only have 250 miles on it so far, so my initial impressions are all positive, except for the stereo, which lacks bass on the low end. The Monsoon sound system in my Bug sounded much better. The steering wheel they threw in this car is nice too.

Favorite Features

The satellite radio, 6-speed transmission, the new engine, the 18" VW rims, front seats, multi-function steering wheel and display, xenon headlights standard, and the looks of the car.

Suggested Improvements

The stereo could use more power, the bass response on the stock HU is subpar. Also, the way you have to load the CD changer is lame and its regular radio reception is not great.